About

My name is Ali.
You can email me at divinedomesticity [at] gmail [dot] com
Please view the Comment Policy before commenting.
My 101 things in 1001 days list is here.

  • Divine Domesticity is a mish mash of all the things that I find comforting and domestic. I have been blogging since 2004 about cooking, family and marriage.
  • I grew up dreaming that I would be a published writer. I even took the advanced grammar courses in college (and got A's!). SHOCKING, considering how bad my grammar is now. Please forgive me in advance for that. I do try my best, but typo's and mistakes do happen.
  • I try to bring valuable content to my readers, and I try my best to post daily.
  • For the most part, I don't read the labels on jars of food. I know, it is shameful. I am leaning towards a more healthy diet lately, but don't be surprised if the food I post about is down right unhealthy. I am trying to practice the 'everything in moderation' style of life, so I don't feel guilty about posting such recipes.
  • Of course, I think my daughter is the prettiest baby on earth. I try to limit posts about her so I don't bore everyone to death.
  • I am a Christian, but most definitely not a churchie, holier than thou Christian. I believe that as Christians we can do a lot of good things in the world by treating those around us with respect and having a giving heart. The number of times people go to church a week holds no interest to me whatsoever.
  • I love pugs and boston terriers. Labs too. Besides dreaming of being a writer, I wanted to also be a veterinarian when I grew up. I love animals. The Rolling Dog Ranch is my favorite non profit. Their daily blog is a hoot, and at times, also heartbreaking.
  • I love bad reality tv. Pretty much everything on Bravo.Top Chef, Project Runway, Make Me A Supermodel -- I just can't help myself. I balance this out with my love for classic literature and good music.
  • I hope you enjoy my blog. I appreciate every comment and visit that I get!