Nobody has the right. Not even me.

“Nobody has the right to be bored in a half-made home. A home which is not a fair expression of us at our best, a home which lacks what it might have, a home which is in any part more ugly or in any part more uncomfortable than it absolutely need be…a home which cannot be run without waste, a home which by any detail gets on the nerves of its inhabitants and so impairs the harmony of their existence–something ought to be done about such a home…Why not make the perfecting of the home a hobby?”
I don’t know about you, but this straight forward excerpt by Arnold Bennett has given me more motivation to clean, organize, and make my silly little apartment my home, more than anything I’ve read in a long time.

1 comment:

Mary Kay Liquidator & Consigner said...

How true and very profound. Thanks for sharing that.