Summer Treats

How about some cooking, eh?

The other day I was over at Kalyn's Kitchen reading about Strawberries Romanov when I noticed that she had mentioned a restaurant that served strawberries alongside brown sugar and sour cream. First you dip the berry in the sour cream, then lightly coat it in the brown sugar. I was intrigued!

Today I finally got to try it out. It was DELICIOUS! You really can't taste the 'sour' part of the sour cream at all. If that seems a little too weird for you, just mix the two together and you get a glorious little cream seen in the following picture.


It takes about 5 seconds to throw together and would be perfect on a larger scale for parties as well. I went a little too heavy on the brown sugar with mine, but it was glorious nonetheless.

De-constructed Strawberries Romanov
Makes several servings


Strawberries
Sour Cream
Brown Sugar

1. Dip the strawberry in the sour cream, then lightly in the brown sugar. Enjoy!

Recipe from Kayln's Kitchen

Blueberries with Brown Sugar Cream
Makes 4 servings
(The directions don't call for you to mix the brown sugar and sour cream together , but I did and I think it is better my way. Ahem.)

2 cups blueberries (1 pint)
1/3 cup regular or low-fat sour cream
4 teaspoons brown sugar
Add ½ cup blueberries to each of 4 small bowls. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of sour cream onto each serving of berries. Place 1 teaspoon of brown sugar on top of the sour cream.
 
Recipe from Real Simple

No comments: