Heading to Texas, back at the end of the week!

Before I leave though, I am sharing a recipe that my sister and I will be trying out, Upside-Down Cinnamon-Apple Coffee Cake. It's quick, it sounds delicious and that is about all I care about these days!

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far in the baby name poll in the sidebar. The results so far were not at all what I expected! It is fun to see what you guys like best. Before I leave for Texas I have a doctors appointment, so I'll finally find out what I have gained in the last month. I am going to be 30 weeks along this week, which is 7 1/2 months. According to the scale at my last doctor, I hadn't gained anything, but I have a feeling that will change. Let me just say that holy hell, I have a big belly and my pre-preg jeans no longer fit. Oh and I can no longer sit up or turn over in bed with out my husband helping me. Oh and please, don't ask how many times I have to get up a night to pee. Arg. See you in a few days!

Upside-Down Cinnamon-Apple Coffee Cake


1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
1 (12.4-oz.) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup

1 . Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of the apples in sprayed pan.
2 . Separate dough into 8 rolls. Cut each roll into quarters; place in large bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup apples and pecans.
3 . In small bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar and corn syrup; mix well. Add brown sugar mixture to dough mixture; toss gently to combine. Spoon mixture over apples in pan.
4 . Bake at 350°F. for 28 to 38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
5 . Remove lid from icing. Microwave icing on HIGH for 10 to 15 seconds or until of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm.

Recipe from Pillsbury

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Have fun in Texas! I think of all the names in your poll, I like the combination of Lauren Olivia the best.

Mallory said...

I hope your doctors appointment went great and that you and the sweet babe are doing awesome. Y'all whoop it up in Texas!

AM said...

That sounds delicious! And I LOVE recipes that use some premade ingredients. Good choice!

Madeline said...

Hope you have a great time in Texas (and I love love love your blog template, by the way).

***Willow, Belle & Old Man Turbo's Mom*** said...

Hey.....Found you! Love the new Look! Job well done!
I voted on the baby name Oliva all the way!...you have a few names I had picked out too....!

Lainey-Paney said...

Have fun in Texas!
(I live here...)

I voted in your name poll...but I have to say this: the girl I share my office with is pregnant, and she's having a little girl, "Lylah". I'd never heard of it until her...and then I was surprised to see it on your name poll...

Good luck picking a name!

s'kat said...

Okay, I've got a new bookmark in place!

Have a great trip, stock up on some cute pregger clothes- I picked Lorelei!

Waylon & Willie - the Boston Terrier brothers said...

Have fun in Texas - that is where we are... very hot. The recipe sounds great.. I vote for Lauren Olivia - but I am biased because I have my own Lauren.

Victoria Winters said...

I'm still only getting up once a night so far. Now I MUST know how many times you have to! ;)