My favorite fruit pie in the world

by Divine Domesticity on July 25th, 2007

Super Easy Rhubarb Pie
Makes several servings

4 cups chopped rhubarb
1 1/3 cups white sugar
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter
Ready made pie dough

1. Preheat oven to 450f. Place first dough in baking dish and form to your liking. Combine flour and sugar in a separate bowl. Add 1/4 of mix to the bottom of your pie crust. Add chopped rhubarb then add the rest of your flour/sugar mixture. Break up butter into small pieces and dot on top of rhubarb. Bake for 15 minutes on lowest rack. Reduce temperature to 350f and bake for 40-45 minutes. Drape pie loosely with tin foil once crust has browned to your liking to avoid burning. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or at room temperature. Now go eat!



4 comments:

Deborah said...

That looks heavenly! I love rhubarb! Great pictures - love the steam! YUM!

Mom2fur said...

What a beautiful pie...almost too nice to eat! I make my daughter a strawberry/rhubarb pie every year. Maybe I'll adapt your recipe to include strawberries, it looks so yummy!

Culinarily Obsessed said...

Never had rhubarb, but the crust is gorgeous!

MommaBlogger said...

I thought I was the only one that liked rhubarb! It's my favorite, especially the green rhubarb. It's much sweeter. Mmmm, now I'm drooling.