The Baby Shower Menu!

It may not be very surprising to learn that to me the most fun part of my baby shower is going to be the food! Food food, glorious food!

I got to plan the menu myself, which was a lot of fun and satisfying. Here is what I came up with...any suggestions are more than welcome. The shower is Sunday so if you have any fantastic recipes to recommend, I'd need the links by Saturday morning at the latest. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

Baby Shower Menu for Approx. 24 people

Appetizers
Pan-Fried Onion Dip with crackers
Best Spinach Dip Ever - Serve in a bread bowl with sourdough bread to dip with
Very Easy Shrimp Dip - along with plain shrimp & cocktail sauce as well (We ended up just serving the shrimp and cocktail sauce and skipping the dip)
Party Pinwheels (Tortillas with filling, cut into rounds)
My very special Corn, Cheese & Salsa Dip with Fritos Scoops

Sides
Fluff Dip with a variety of fresh fruit
Fruit Tray
Veggie Tray

Main Dish
Misc. deli meats & cheese tray with hoagie rolls + condiments + veggies

Desserts
Chocolate Trifle
Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Tray of brownies
Cherry Cheesecake Tarts

Drinks
Sodas & waters
Beer

10 comments:

Cate said...

Looks like a fun menu, perfect for the occasion. :)

Deborah said...

Sounds delicious!!! See you Sunday! ;-) Barbara has a lovely recipe for coconut cupcakes here: http://blessusolord.blogspot.com/2007/07/coconut-cupcakes.html

I thought they'd be perfect for a shower... especially if you decorated with a little pink icing/crystallized rose!

Have a perfect day!!!

Laane said...

Looks great!

We don't have baby showers here.

When the baby is born visitors bring their gifts with them.

Have fun!

Waylon & Willie - the Boston Terrier brothers said...

Your menu looks great - I am making the onion dip today.
Hope your shower went well..I am sure it was fun. It really sank in at mine the baby would be here anyday!

Randi said...

Oh fun! Enjoy your special day and all of your new baby goodies!

GiBee said...

Looks delicious! Makes me look forward to your sweet collection of recipes!!

Barbara said...

Wow what a spread. Hope you get tons of things you need at the shower. I'm almost done with the cross stich baby towels I'm making for you. I'll get them to you before the little one arrives (I hope)

Mary Beth said...

I just found your blog and everything looks delicious. And congratulations on your impending baby! Very exciting!

Peabody said...

Sounds like an excellent menu.

Melissa said...

mmm sounds good. Wish I could have been there. :o(

You'll have to plan a trip up here sometime. This time we'll get lots of pictures and I'll take portraits of your little miss thing. :o)