Oi vey, baby showers.

Well now that I've gotten all the drama out of my system, I am feeling much better! :)

My baby shower is this weekend, and while I'm looking forward to it, I'm also worried that nobody will show up. I think it is more of a pity baby shower than anything else, because if this one wasn't offered to me by my SIL, I wouldn't be having one since I don't know anyone in this town. Oh well though! I guess I'll take what I can get. Much to my surprise, a few things have been purchased off of my Target registry.

What I've noticed for the most part is that people attending baby showers tend to buy cute clothing or toys that they see in the store and completely ignore the registry. While the gift is still appreciated, sometimes what you really need is a diaper genie and a grooming kit. I was relieved to see a few items purchased for us which will help us out so much. When money is tight diapers and wipes make such a bigger impact than a cute outfit, if you know what I mean.

----------------------

I may not be back until next week. Have a good week and enjoy a new recipe!


Banana Coffeecake
Makes one 9" x 13" pan

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
1-1/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups AP flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Topping
1 c. chopped pecans
2 T. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.

Combine topping ingredients; add half to the batter. Transfer to a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining topping. Bake at 350-f degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 15 servings.

2 comments:

Laura Williams said...

oooh, Parker that looks goooood!! TFS!

***Willow, Belle & Old Man Turbo's Mom*** said...

Oh I wish I lived closer! I would come for sure!!!! I wouldn't miss it for the world!