Another week bites the dust.

 by Divine Domesticity on September 2nd, 2008

I'm tapped. Anti-social. Tired. At this very moment I'm wishing I had a bowl of this pasta in front of me, but alas, I made this quite some time ago. As with most pastas, this would be great with a salad and a big loaf of garlic bread. Oh, and a glass of wine. I miss wine.

Cinnamon-Pancetta Carbonara
Makes 6 servings

4 slices bacon, chopped
4 slices pancetta, chopped *I used 6 slices of prosciutto instead
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan
6 large egg yolks
18 ounces fresh fettuccine
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives

1. Saute the bacon and pancetta in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat until almost crisp, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the bacon and pancetta and saute until the bacon is crisp and golden, about 2 minutes longer. Cool. Whisk in the cream, cheese, and yolks to blend.

2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the fettuccine and cook until it is just tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Drain. Add the fettuccine to the cream mixture and toss over medium-low heat until the sauce coats the pasta thickly, about 5 minutes (do not boil). Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the pasta to a large wide serving bowl. Sprinkle with chives and serve.

Recipe Courtesy of Foodnetwork

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Hang in there sweetie. Pretty much every pregnant woman I have known (including me with all four!) felt exactly the same way as you do at this point. Pretty soon though that little one will be here and you won't even remember this part. :)
The pasta looks superb!

AM said...

That looks delicious. Except for me, I wouldnt want the cinnamon or the pancetta. Which probably takes all the fun out of the dish, but a good fetticini alfredo and fresh herbs (with the garlic bread and wine) does sound delicious.

You're almost at the end! Wow!

Cate said...

Mmm, totally one of my favorite pasta dishes - love it. Hope all is well. :)

Erin said...

Yum! Is that your own photo and purple dish? If so, I'd love to know where to buy square purple dishes. I own a set of round ones, but square is so much more attractive.

Parker said...

Erin - Yep that is my pic and plate. I think I might have gotten the dish at Target or Ross. Either way, it was a year or two ago, and it was just a single plate, so it probably won't help you at all. They tend to carry something for a short time and then never again. I do love the purple and wish I had bought more! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling so drained! Is this the sort of lethargy that can be fixed with a period of misanthropic ice cream indulgence? :)

Pasta looks delicious and I love how you paired the purple plate with it - the color really highlights the tones in the pasta.

Ari (Baking and Books)

Mallory said...

Pretty soon you will have a pretty little girl in your arms and all this exhaustion will be so worth it. I've never thought of putting cinnamon in a savory dish, but I have to say I'm intrigued. I've never met an Alfredo sauce I didn't like...

Jia said...

Hang in there. Everything will work out and be fine. I can't wait to hear about that sweet little baby being born. You're going to make such an awesome Mom.

Jia

www.newlywives.blogspot.com
www.semiholistichousewife.blogspot.com
www.fleetingglimpseofeternity.blogspot.com
www.fangirlrantings.blogspot.com

Kara said...

I cannot wait until food looks and sounds good again!!!!!!