I'm boring. Here's an update anyways.

We went to the Kansas State Fair yesterday and it was awesome. 59 degrees and sprinkling the entire time (rain is my favorite type of weather.) It turned out to be 'dollar days' so we saved $12 on the admittance fee. I consumed no less than:
  • One giant ear of corn slathered in butter (no salt, I didn't want to bloat up, lol)
  • One small bierock, which they charged $4.50 for
  • One giant smoked polish sausage with peppers, onions and tomatoes. Uh, it was a footlong, Yes, I ate it all. Plus a diet coke. Yes, diet. lol.
  • One caramel apple with nuts
  • One funnel cake with powdered sugar
It is embarrassing to list all that, so I will say that everything, except for the sausage, was split with my husband. I DID show some control and didn't get the deep fried candy bars, deep fried mushrooms, and the chocolate dipped cheesecake. Looking back on it though, I sort of wish I got them anyways. Har.

I also bought a box of extremely overpriced salt water taffy. It wasn't the best. So that stunk. On the way home we decided to stop at a mom and pop fruit stand. I bought no less than:
  • One jumbo cherry cider slushie (made with real cherry juice)
  • One bag of really good salt water taffy for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP
  • One bag of old fashioned jelly fruit slices, watermelon
  • One big basket of red plums
No more big outings for me for a long time is all I can say! I was so sore, had to pee the entire time, and baby girl felt like she was trying to push her way out via the right side of my stomach. Ouchie.
------------

Random pregnancy thoughts...

"Pregnancy isn't for wimps."

I've been saying that for my entire pregnancy.

I guess I have felt like this whole thing has been entirely too easy. I have been bracing myself for a long time for the hard stuff to start. Most recently, I have been wondering when the freak out stage begins. You know, the "GET THIS KID OUT OF ME!!!" stage where women take to drinking all sorts of gross things, rubbing stinky lotions on their bellies, or other entirely gross options I wont even talk about (and I don't mean sex, lol.). Granted, I'm just about 38 weeks along, so I have some time to develop this weird reaction, but I just don't see it happening.

Sure I'm uncomfortable. Sure I've been forced to sleep in a recliner chair for the past 6 weeks at least. Sure my once loose slip on shoes are now uncomfortably tight from my swollen sea cows -- also known as feet. Isn't this all just part of it? Really though, it ain't so bad.

I've been very lucky. My only bouts with nausea were in the second trimester. Which on a side note, were hilarious to me, if a little bit frightening. I had two or three occasions where I had an exorcist like reaction to a bad smell and threw up all over my coffee table, clean laundry, and the couch. Needless to say, the furniture did not move with us to Kansas this summer.

In May I had a scare when I tripped on my dogs cage and fell like a ton a bricks onto my belly and knees. Now that was a BIG freak out session! Everything was fine though. No contractions, no bleeding.

I guess I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, you know?

Labor scares me. It truly does.

Also, if it is at all possible, I am sort of in denial that in a matter of days I'll be a mom. Like, this huge belly has SOMETHING in it, and I might want to start thinking about how to take care of this little meatloaf. I'm half joking when I say that, but part of me I think it still sort of in denial!

The past 9 months have gone by so stinking fast. Especially the last few months. Good golly.

I'm so excited to see what she looks like. My husband has black hair and grey eyes, whereas I have brownish hair and hazel eyes. Is she gonna have lots of dark hair or be a total bald baby like I was?

I think it was at my 6 month ultrasound that the tech told me she had big feet. Which one, gave me a complex because I have big feet and I was imagining my poor girl to have freak feet. LOL. It will be okay though if she does. ;)

I'm guessing she will be totally screwed and have a very fair complexion like I do. My husband is of Native American heritage, so he gets very dark in the summer, whereas I just burn and freckle away.

One of the main things I have been praying about is that she is a happy child. My husband and I both grew up in dysfunctional households, and were quite angry and moody kids and teenagers. I don't want to get into the details, but I'll just say that it was bad, quite bad, for both of us growing up. It has taken me a long time to realize that I don't have to be angry anymore. I hope and pray that my daughter is brought up with much joy and love. Peace and security. Acceptance and patience. We sure weren't, and it really does take a toll on your personality when you grow up lacking those fundamental things.

So it is only a matter of days now! Things are getting exciting!!

5 comments:

C'tina said...

Parker,


"Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.

And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.

And how else can it be?

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

Is not the cup that hold your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?

And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy."

You have lived this, you feel it, you know it, and it will become infinately deeper as you hold your little girl and spend the days and nights with her.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5484/Gib03.htm http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5484/Gib08.htm
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5484/Gibran.htm

Carrisa said...

All that fair food sounds so good. Especially on a day like today when I've started the diet.

*sigh*

I still wish you'd take more pregnancy pics and share them with me.

Barbara said...

ummm.. Fair food. I haven't had a funnel cake in eons. And sausage with peppers and onions, yum! And what the heck is a bierock?

Now when it comes to the baby....With you as her mom, she'll be wonderful. As well as beautiful.

Waylon & Willie - the Boston Terrier brothers said...

We are so excited for you. My Lauren will be 3 months old this Thursday - and it really seems like I was waiting around for my due date just the other day. TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS - I have taken I thought was alot, but they grow and change so fast I wish I had more.
I enjoyed my pregnancy - even all the uncomfortable stuff.
Good luck and we will be thinking of you. If you have any questions etc... please feel free to contact me :)

AM said...

That was a great post. And Im not just saying that because of all the fair food talk, and HOLY HECK!!! 59 degrees! Im moving your way. We'll get a house together. Got any prisons around there Jason could work in?