It's the little things...

I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans today! Woooooot!

I have no idea how much weight I've lost though. At my checkup one week after my c-section I had dropped 26 (!) pounds of the 40 that I gained in my pregnancy. My jeans didn't even button up a week ago...so yahoo!

I've been so sick of wearing the same clothing for the past year or so. I gathered up most all of my clothing and threw them out. This week I got a few cute sweaters and cardigans from JCPenny, some ballerina flats (in red and bronze), and a few long sleeved colored tees, and I am set to go for winter. It has been a LONG time since shopping for clothes brought me any joy.

Hurrah. I can wear jeans like a normal person again!

12 comments:

Jodi said...

Good for you. I know what a great feeling that is. Today, I have been going through my closet and putting items that are too big into a box for charity. Yay! ;-)

Jia said...

Rock on Sistah Friend!

Shelly said...

I wish I could drop 26 lbs that fast...well without having to have a baby.

congrats!

Claire said...

Yay for pre-pregnancy jeans! Congrats. I love all those clothes...maybe I should check out JC Penny; I forget about them.

Leah said...

Those clothes are great! Congrats on getting into your jeans!

minx said...

Lucky lady! It took me months!!!

Keely said...

Congrats! Getting to put away the maternity wear and get some new stuff made me feel great. You picked out some cute things. :)

C'tina said...

Way To GO!! I wore sweats and stretch pants for like, three years until I could fit into my old clothes. I love Penney's.

Barbara said...

Congrats on the weight loss! (And to getting back into your jeans)

milcolores said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!
^_^

Peabody said...

Yay...good for you.

victoria winters said...

Isn't it awesome wearing your normal jeans again!? I LOVE it! :)

I love that second sweater, by the way! I want to go shopping all by myself for an afternoon - must put that on the Honey Do list! ;)

Means I'd better get pumping! (My milk, that is, not Huz!)