The light at the end of the tunnel.

What a day y'all.

Thank you to everyone for your comments and support. I truly did need them.

I went to my doctor today and long story short, I am now on Prozac. I don't know that she ever said that I officially had postpartum depression, or just regular ol' depression. I have a history with depression, so I guess it is sort of a bonus that I can recognize the difference between just being overwhelmed, tired, and frustrated as opposed to being actually depressed. I had taken Prozac when I was 18 or so, and for a year it worked really well. I had gone off of it and had stayed happy, so it did its job. I'm hoping since I had success with it then that I will have success now. I guess I will have to let you know in about a month if I'm feeling better, cause unfortunately it takes a while to kick in.

Violet seems to be doing a lot better today. She had been constipated for about 4 days and FINALLY this morning she got it all taken care of, if you know what I'm sayin'. Poor girl must have been SO uncomfortable. She is gassy on top of that, so I can only imagine the pain she was in. Fortunately now I have some tips from the nurses on how to get her more regular incase this happens again, so it hopefully wont ever be that bad again. The evening time is always her fussiest, so although she has been an angel so far today, I'm holding my breath that this evening will go well.

So onto the really exciting news.

My FIL told us today that he is giving us a check tomorrow. A check for enough money for us to get moved to wherever we want, and to live on until I am doing better and can handle being with the baby on my own. Those are my words, not his. I cannot begin to tell you how much that will help. First of all, hello, we are broke. Second, although my husband just started a new job, we were faced with a very difficult situation where I didn't feel like I could handle being at home alone with the baby yet, but yet we needed the money to pay our bills. This way we can get settled into our own apartment and my husband can stay with me until I am ready.

Can I get a WOOT WOOT?!

Excuse me while I make plans to buy moving boxes.

Money doesn't solve your problems, but sometimes, it sure does help.

*I meant to address an anonymous comment that had recommended reading Dooce's site because she had dealt with a lot of depression issues after having her daughter Leta. I laughed when I read your comment because I had actually looked up her site a few days ago, after not having visited in I don't know how long, because I had remembered that she had gone through what I am starting to go through. The internet is a wonderful thing. When you feel like you are going it alone, there are so many people out there to show you that you can make it through the hard times. Thanks again everyone.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Violet: I'd be a bit fussy if I hadn't pooped in 4 days. Glad to know the nurse gave your mom some advice to keep it from happening again.

Parker: what great news about getting your own place again. I can only imagine the un-needed stress you've had to deal with on top of having a baby. I'm sure everyone will feel better when you are settled in (including the dogs). And hopefully the prozac will kick in quick. I took it years ago too and it did me wonders.

Sarcomical said...

YAY! wow, i know that must really take some of the stress off. what a blessing that must be. ;)

glad you had a better day! let's have some more, shall we?

hee.

Waylon & Willie - the Boston Terrier brothers said...

WOOT!WOOT!

Leah said...

Wow, I am so thankful to hear that you are feeling better AND that you have the money to find your own place. What a blessing! Hugs!!

Audrey said...

OMG! Congratulations! I can only imagine what a blessing that is for you and your husband.

Keely said...

Such great news about that check! I know what a relief that must be. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

AM said...

Wow. I'm thinking your FIL is wanting to get a full night's sleep again! (just kidding!) That is so nice and generous of him. I'm sure its been a long time since he's been around a baby like that and he understand how difficult it can be and how you need your space. That is AWESOME that he can afford to do that for you guys. AWESOME. Good luck!