Uh. Just. Seriously.


Cutest baby ever.


She's wearing an outfit my husband picked out for her months and months ago. Squeeeeak. So cute.

*Edited to add: We just got back from the surgeons office where my incision was checked ( it looked good) and Violet was weighed. She is back up to her birth weight, plus an ounce, (9lbs 14 ounces now) and she is 8 days old. Way to go little girl.

I think I've mentioned a few times that when you are plus sized the majority of doctors only want you to gain 0-15 pounds during pregnancy. Well. I gained 40. There it is. 8 days after having Violet, I'm down 26 pounds. My goal is to lose the last 14 lbs by my 6 week checkup. Ugh I just hate dieting, but I've got to lose way more than 14 lbs to be healthy again. I better get my butt motivated!

9 comments:

AM said...

I promise, at least most of it if not all will just melt off naturally. Dont excerise until your body is ready!

Claire said...

She's so cute! You're doing great with her and yourself. Be sure to wait before you do too much...you'll hurt a lot if you don't.

Waylon & Willie - the Boston Terrier brothers said...

You will lose the weight. I gained 31 lbs and lost in 4 weeks. I am ALWAYS moving with her now. Rocking, swaying, bouncing...you know the routine. :)
I really enjoy reading your blog - I did pre-baby, but I really do now because of having a newborn as well. All of my friends have kids 7 yrs and up, so it is nice to have someone to compare experiences with.

***Willow, Belle & Old Man Turbo's Mom*** said...

I gained 68 pounds with my first baby ( Blush Blush I was a COW!) and with my second I gained 28 pounds....
like AM said it wont all melt off naturally and Please wait to exercise until you heal. It will happen once she builds a immune system you can take her out for nice afternoon walks. This is what I did to get into the swing of exercising...

anna said...

I was 157 before the birth, and I just hit 202 this week - that's a BIG gain. I do it every time... and every time it comes off. Don't diet - not while recovering from surgery, it's dangerous to a body already weakened from a major 'procedure'. There's time, and people understand that.

minx said...

hi doll,

i gained over 70 pounds! and it all kind of went away by itself. i did eat sensibly, but the exercising was nonexistent. don't push your body, it'll do it all by itself!

Mallory said...

She is just beautiful! I know you've heard it but it bears repeating--it took 9mos to put it on, it can take that long to get it off again. Especially if you are nursing you need your full amount of nutrtion, particularly because you need lots of protein to recover from the surgery. Be patient with yourself. You are doing awesome!

Peabody said...

She is a serious sweetheart!

Kyra said...

Hey, I gained 70 pounds when I was pregnant with my daughter. It will come off!! Just do what feels right.