The things you think but never say.


What a week. In summation:
Bad,
bad,
bad,
bad,
BAD,
BAD!!,
BAD!!!!!!,
a little better,
lots better,
thank God, you might even say it is now GOOD.

Violet has acid reflux and we're thinking is also lactose intolerant. Both of these things made the last week (or two or three) pure HELL for all parties involved. She was literally screaming morning, noon, and night. I got her in to the doctor early this week and scheduled xrays of her chest and throat which told us what we already knew -- girl has got some major reflux! Poor little thing! Now she has a prescription for Zantac and has been switched to a lactose free formula and she seems to be doing much better.

Parenting isn't for wimps. I will shamefully admit that during this very hard time I turned all of my frustration towards my husband. I was so angry...resentful...frustrated, and in my heart I pinned all of that on him. It is hard enough to get through 12 hours of non stop screaming with two people who are supporting each other. It is impossible to make it through on your own and with anger in your heart. I'm glad to say that I realized the error of my ways and have put my attitude back in check.


Yup, still worth it. :)

8 comments:

Jodi said...

She sure is one cute little poptart.

Barbara said...

Poor little Violet. No wonder she was upset. I hope the medicine works quickly.

And can I just say again that I just want to pinch those cheeks! She's such a cutie pie!

s'kat said...

Awww... I'm glad she and you are both doing a bits better. Things go down, but they always come back up. Especially with such baby-yummy-cuteness!

♥Willow, Belle & OldMan Turbo's Mom♥ said...

Aww she looks like a Andie's Candie's in her outfit...too cute!
Gosh I ♥ her!

Sarcomical said...

her eyelashes look so pretty. ;)

Mallory said...

The poor little thing! That must be so miserable for all of you. Just think of how much it sucks for you when you have heartburn...then factor in that she has no idea what's happening or anyway to tell anyone that it hurts except to scream. I am so glad she's getting help. ((hugs for babimus and you))

victoria winters said...

Yikes. Claire cries off and on, but nothing like that! I'm so sorry you had to go through it and I hope she stays better on the meds!!

Hang in there, girl. You're so not alone.

Pinkie Cupcake said...

Hi, I hope your daughter is starting to feel better soon. My son had reflux as a baby and before Gaviscon (we're in the UK) it was a nightmare - I share your pain!