Christmas Recap


How was your Christmas?? Ours was very relaxed. Christmas Eve we went to a dinner at an extended family members house. It had the most delicious ham with a sugary, syrupy crust. Mm. After dinner my sister in law, her brother, and I made lattes, cappuccinos and Italian sodas for everyone. So much fun!

On Christmas we hung out with the baby in our jammies for the better part of the day. That evening we had a big prime rib with baked potatoes, broccoli salad and asparagus. Dessert was a retro blueberry jell-O salad (surprisingly good!) and a pre-made caramel apple pie.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

We love Asian food! We make quite a bit at home. If you need a recipe, let me know.

Anonymous said...

Where do you get Chinese pork??

Lisa said...

These sound delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Ali said...

The main place I found it was at Costco or Sam's.

Ellie @ Kitchen Wench said...

The fried rice looks spot on hon :) And may I say that I lo-lo-loooove sweet and sour pork? Mmm, so much deep fried goodness :D

Claire said...

I stayed in my pajamas all day, too! Our Christmas was great. We did "Santa" at 9:30 and had our breakfast around 11. Then we leisurely made lunch and ate around 4:30. I thought it was perfect. Merry Christmas.

Sarah said...

This is pretty much spot-on my husband's exact order whenever we order Chinese, which we haven't done in a long time since we've been trying to eat healthier. I am going to save this post to make a healthy Chinese "take-out" meal soon! Thanks for posting!

Sarah

PS - May I PLEASE request the carrot cake with pineapple and cream cheese frosting to be posted soon? The picture looks amazing. I've been looking for a recipe to make for my little guy's baptism reception on the 27th that the older babies/toddlers attending can have a bite of too . . . and that looks scrumptious!