by Divine Domesticity on December 11th, 2007
I've said it before. Party food is the best kind of food. All of the recipes below are delicious and perfect for entertaining.
Bacon Tomato Dip
Makes 3 cups
View Printer Friendly Recipe
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup diced green peppers
1 large tomato, seeded and diced
1 lb bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and drained (I used good quality bacon bits to save time)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
black pepper, to taste
shredded lettuce (to garnish) (optional)
crackers and bread cubes for dipping
1. In medium bowl, with mixer, blend sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped onion and green pepper, garlic powder, and black pepper.
2. Crumble bacon into small pieces and add to mixture. Add chopped tomato and stir well. Garnish with shredded lettuce just before serving, if desired.
3. Serve with Townhouse crackers or Wheat Thins. Also good served in a bread bowl with bread cubes to dip.
Japanese Chicken Wings
3 pounds chicken wings
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour for coating
Vegetable oil, for frying
white sesame seeds
For the sauce:
6 tablespoons soy sauce
6 tablespoons water
1 cup white sugar
1 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
2 teaspoons salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cut wings in half, dip in egg and coat with flour.
3. Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Fry wings until deep brown. Place in a shallow roasting pan.
4. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Pour over wings.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, basting wings with sauce often. Turn oven to broil and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds. Serve.
Retro Glazed Meatballs
1 (12 ounce) jar grape jelly
1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
Half of a large bag of frozen, pre-cooked meatballs (eyeball it)
1. Mix jelly and chili sauce in a saucepan over med-low heat. Stir until combined.
2. Add frozen meatballs to a slow cooker. Pour jelly sauce over meatballs, stirring to coat the meatballs.
3. Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Party Mix
3 bags good quality white chocolate baking chips
9 cups crispy rice cereal squares, e.g., Rice Chex (You can do half regular and half toasted oat cereal if you prefer)
3 cups pretzels
1 to 2 cups slivered almonds
1 large bag Reese's Pieces
1. Melt chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat or in microwave until just until soft. Stir until melted. Combine all the other ingredients in big roaster pan or bowl. Stir chocolate into mixture. Turn out on waxed paper.