2007 Wrap Up!

What a year!

My most important and amazing achievement in 2007 was the birth of my baby girl, Violet. Time is flying by as she turned one month, two months and three months old.

I have grown so much now that I am a parent. If you had asked me if I thought I'd survive the first two months, I honestly would have said I'm not sure! They were hard. Harder than I ever expected. I could be naive, but I think what my husband and I went through those first two months was not the norm. Newborns are one thing. Violet was another. She had reflux that caused her to literally be awake and crying for 12+ hours straight. There were NO naps...there were hardly any breaks from crying. She was one sad, frustrated little girl. Then there was the constant constipation, which only made matters worse. Does all that crying mean she had colic? I have no idea! It was the longest, most stressful time in my life. Violet turns 16 weeks in the middle of January and I am hoping that if it was colic, it is almost outgrown.


Now that she is bigger and tolerates her swing and bouncy chair, I am able to make dinner on a consistent basis. What a joy that is! It is relaxing to me and a fun break from the normal routine of changing diapers, making formula and washing baby bottles. We are finally getting into a real routine, one with one or two naps during the day! Well, for her at least. I've got too much stuff to get done to take a nap most days.

I will happily admit that it was fun to PIG OUT during my pregnancy. I really didn't gain much weight till I was 7 or 8 months along as I recall. Some of the delicious foods I ate this year were deliciously white trash, such as:
I also ate a ton of party food at my baby shower and during the holidays. My favorites were:
  • Pan Fried Onion Dip
  • Best Ever Spinach Dip
  • Bacon Tomato Dip
  • Party Pinwheels
  • Japanese Chicken Wings
  • Chocolate Trifle
  • Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
  • Cherry Cheesecake Tarts
  • Amaretto Fluff Dip
  • Glazed Meatballs
  • Pretzel Turtles
  • White Chocolate Peanut Butter Party Mix

No comments: