Baby is napping, hallelujah. Now I will bless you with more recipes.

It is 65 degrees today.65. Much warmer than where we use to live in Montana. Come spring and the tornadoes start, I'll be wishing I didn't move...but I will enjoy the warmer winter for sure!

Here are a few recipes I've made recently. The first, Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Toss was by far my favorite of the bunch. Enjoy.

--------------------------
Be careful that you don't overcook the chicken. Dry, chewy chicken is going to ruin any dish in a hurry. You can add some grated Parmesan cheese to this after plating if you are a cheese-a-holic like me.

Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Toss

4-6 servings

5 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 (7 ounce) package thin spaghetti

1. In a large skillet, saute onions& garlic in butter& oil until tender.

2. Stir in the chicken, lemon juice, parsley, seasoned salt& lemon-pepper.

3. Saute for 15-20 min or until chicken juices run clear.

4. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.

5. Add to chicken mixture & toss.

--------------------------
This is the first time I've ever eaten food where paprika is the main flavor. I won't lie, I wasn't sure what to think of this. The caraway seeds give it the flavor of pumpernickel bread. I served it over rotini noodles and I used a Hungarian Sweet Paprika from Penzeys. If you know and love paprika, I say go for it!

Hungarian Meatball Stew
4-6 servings
Recipe from Rachael Ray

24 Frozen, pre-cooked Italian meatballs (I buy them at Sam's Club)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 carrots, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 rib celery, chopped
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
2 cups beef stock
1 tablespoon caraway seeds
Salt and pepper

1. Brown frozen meatballs in a skillet or on a sheet pan at 425-f for 20 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.

2. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat in the skillet and add the carrots, onion and celery. Cook, stirring constantly, until softened, about 3 minutes.

3. Stir in the flour and paprika and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the beef broth and bring to a boil over high heat, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the reserved meatballs and caraway seeds, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.

4. Serve with buttered noodles.

--------------------------

This was a great recipe to make as I had leftover: lemon, feta, angel hair and garlic to use up. I had this warm the night I made it and was a big fan. The next day cold wasn't as good to me, but that was just my fickle tastes that day.


Greek Spaghetti
4-6 servings
Recipe from Bakespace.com

2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 garlic clove -- minced
3 cups diced tomato
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley -- divided
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 cups hot cooked thin spaghetti -- (8 ounces uncooked pasta)
1 cup crumbled Feta cheese -- (4 ounces) divided
Freshly ground pepper
Lemon slices -- (optional)
Green onions -- (optional)

1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oregano and garlic; saute 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, green onions, 2 tablespoons parsley, and lemon juice; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

2. Combine tomato mixture, spaghetti, and 3/4 cup cheese; toss gently. Top with remaining cheese and parsley, and serve with pepper.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Hey, lady! Sorry it's been so long since I commented. It sounds like things have gotten MUCH better and you've settled in well enough to blog and cook more frequently. Bravo! Violet is absolutely precious, she gets cuter and cuter in each picture! She's bigger than Robert, now-- he's just in 9 months clothes. That Lemon Chicken Spaghetti sounds SO yummy, as does the cornbread, I am gonna have to make those ASAP!

Keep up the great cookin', bloggin', and mommyin'!