Daily Recipe - Creamy Broccoli Raisin Salad

I love this one. A lot of broccoli raisin salads lean towards the sweet end of things. I love the addition of garlic and peanuts, lending a more savory/sweet balance to this salad. So tasty!

Creamy Broccoli Raisin Salad

8 servings

1 lb fresh broccoli
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup roasted peanuts
2 Tbsp chopped onion
2 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
1 (3 oz.) pkg cream cheese
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp prepared mustard
1 clove minced garlic

1. Remove broccoli leaves, cut off tough ends of stalks and discard. Wash broccoli thoroughly and cut into 1/2" pieces.

2. Combine broccoli, raisins, peanuts, onion and 1/2 of bacon, toss gently, set aside.

3. Combine cream cheese and remaining ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture, stir well. Chill 3 hours. Sprinkle with remaining bacon.

1 comment:

Utah Grammie said...

Just wanted to know I've been following your blog for some time now and I really like it! And you! And V! I've been kind of bad about leaving comments, but I want you to know I do appreciate you and all the great recipes, photos and talk. Take care and give V a hug for me, OK?
Colleen