I'm in heaven - Desserts using girl scout cookies! - Part 1

Were you a girl scout? I sure was. Although to be honest, I think I was in it just for the cookies.

Samoas were my favorite. Followed by shortbread, thin mints, do-si-dos and tagalongs. I guess I pretty much loved them all.

For some reason I can't really fathom, my husband has been holding onto a calendar from 1999 from Johnson, Kansas. He will NOT let me throw it out. Johnson is a very small town. In fact, so small that every birthday and wedding anniversary are listed within the calendar. It is endearing and a little creepy.

More importantly are the recipes found within. Recipes that use girl scout cookies. I'm salivating already. I hope you enjoy!

Thin Mint Delight
10-12 servings

1 pkg. Thin Mint cookies (crushed)
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 pkg. (8 oz. size) instant chocolate pudding
3 cups milk
4 cups whipped topping

1. Combine cookies with melted butter, reserving 1/4 c. of cookies for topping. Press cookie mixture on bottom of 9"x13" pan. Chill.

2. Combine cream cheese with 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread over cookie mixture. Chill for 15-20 minutes.

3. Prepare pudding with 3 cups of milk and pour over cream cheese mixture. Chill for 1 hour or until ready to serve. Top with remaining whipped topping and Thin Mint cookie crumbs.

---------------------------------

Southern Peanut Butter Pie
8-10 servings

1 pkg. Tagalongs
1 pkg. (3.5 oz.) vanilla pudding
1 1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. peanut butter
1 container whipped topping
crushed peanuts, for garnish

1. Grind cookies in blended or food processor and press into a 9" pie plate.

2. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions using only 1 1/2 cups milk. Stir in peanut butter. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped topping and crushed peanuts.

---------------------------------

This recipe doesn't specify what size baking dish to use. Proceed with caution. :)

Levitating Layers or 3 Layer Samoas Dessert

1st layer:
1/2 c. plain flour
1 stick margarine, melted
1 box Samoa cookies (cut into pieces)

1. Mix together. Pat in bottom of casserole dish. Bake 25 minutes or 325-f degrees. Cool.

2nd layer:
1 c. powdered sugar
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 c. whipped topping

1. Mix and spread over cooled crust.

3rd layer:
1 (6 oz.) pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
2 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. whipped topping, for garnish

1. Mix chocolate pudding mix and milk according to directions and spread over 2nd layer. Spread 1/2 cup whipped topping over 3rd layer and refrigerate for 1 hour.

3 comments:

malinthemiddle said...

I was a Girl Scout leader for many years, and as such was in charge of the evil deliciousness that is Girl Scout cookies. They were stock piled in my shed and I made many a midnight trek through the back yard to quell a Samoa or Thin Mint craving. Good thing I didn't have these recipes or I'd have gone broke!

Utah Grammie said...

Thanks for posting these- My granddaughter Emily is selling GS cookies and I think if she offers these recipes (if that's OK with you??!)her sales will SOAR!
Let me know, OK?
Colleen

Ali said...

malinthemiddle - dear Lord, you had STOCK PILE of them?? I am so hungry at the moment, I'd think I'd snarf my weight in cookies. Which, yaknow, would be A LOT of cookies! haha

utah grammie - absolutely! go for it! I am gonna be posting more recipes over the next day or two, feel free to use any that you'd like. :)