Were you a girl scout? I sure was. Although to be honest, I think I was in it just for the cookies.
Samoas were my favorite. Followed by shortbread, thin mints, do-si-dos and tagalongs. I guess I pretty much loved them all.
For some reason I can't really fathom, my husband has been holding onto a calendar from 1999 from Johnson, Kansas. He will NOT let me throw it out. Johnson is a very small town. In fact, so small that every birthday and wedding anniversary are listed within the calendar. It is endearing and a little creepy.
More importantly are the recipes found within. Recipes that use girl scout cookies. I'm salivating already. I hope you enjoy!
Thin Mint Delight
1 pkg. Thin Mint cookies (crushed)
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 pkg. (8 oz. size) instant chocolate pudding
3 cups milk
4 cups whipped topping
1. Combine cookies with melted butter, reserving 1/4 c. of cookies for topping. Press cookie mixture on bottom of 9"x13" pan. Chill.
2. Combine cream cheese with 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread over cookie mixture. Chill for 15-20 minutes.
3. Prepare pudding with 3 cups of milk and pour over cream cheese mixture. Chill for 1 hour or until ready to serve. Top with remaining whipped topping and Thin Mint cookie crumbs.
Southern Peanut Butter Pie
1 pkg. Tagalongs
1 pkg. (3.5 oz.) vanilla pudding
1 1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. peanut butter
1 container whipped topping
crushed peanuts, for garnish
1. Grind cookies in blended or food processor and press into a 9" pie plate.
2. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions using only 1 1/2 cups milk. Stir in peanut butter. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped topping and crushed peanuts.
This recipe doesn't specify what size baking dish to use. Proceed with caution. :)
Levitating Layers or 3 Layer Samoas Dessert
1/2 c. plain flour
1 stick margarine, melted
1 box Samoa cookies (cut into pieces)
1. Mix together. Pat in bottom of casserole dish. Bake 25 minutes or 325-f degrees. Cool.
1 c. powdered sugar
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 c. whipped topping
1. Mix and spread over cooled crust.
1 (6 oz.) pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
2 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. whipped topping, for garnish
1. Mix chocolate pudding mix and milk according to directions and spread over 2nd layer. Spread 1/2 cup whipped topping over 3rd layer and refrigerate for 1 hour.