Tackle It Tuesday - The Closet Overfloweth

A few things about this picture. First, I should explain that we are currently renting one bedroom from an extended family member. That means the three of us are sharing a bedroom. Tight quarters! (The living situation will HOPEFULLY change in the next few months and be sooo much better. I'll keep you updated.)

To save room, we moved V's dresser into the closet. Her diapers and wipes are kept on top of the dresser in decorative baskets, which are put on their side so we can easily see when they need to be restocked. An over the door organizer on the right (currently $2.50 at the dollar section at Target) keeps her socks, headbands and other accessories all in one place. The other door holds all of her fancy dresses and tops so they stay wrinkle free.

This morning I tackled this area by starting a load of laundry of V's clothing. Cleaned up the items thrown on the floor. Moved things around up in the top of the closet, consolidating space. Later this week I will purchase a plastic tub (again at Target, they have pretty aqua colored tubs at the moment) and put away even more items and move them to storage.

Nothing too fascinating -- but I hope it can inspire any of you who are in a situation like me where you are forced to share a bedroom with a baby and have to make the most of it.

Check out Tackle it Tuesday for the roundup.

10 comments:

divabunny said...

ali! your "before" photo is better than my "after" photo would look! i wish i was as organized as you!

Ali said...

hah! well, I guess I am forced to keep it somewhat organized otherwise we'd be swallowed up in a weeks time. :)

feefifoto said...

Looks like you've made the best of a tight situation.

Courtney said...

Looks great, great use of small space. Although even your before pic is more organized than anything in my house! LOL

Lynne said...

That looks so nice and organized, of course I'm sure it has to be, since 3 of you are in one room. Nice job!

Dont make me get out my flying Monkeys! said...

Great Tackle yo go! Come check out my awesome tackle. VROOOOM VROOOM!

Mama Russell said...

Absolutely great job. I know about those tight spaces; it sure looks like you are doing a great job making the best of it.

Sara said...

Looks great! Glad you mentioned about the organizer at Target, I've been wanting to get a couple for our closets too.

Cate said...

Shame you don't live closer - you could come organize for me too!

Ali said...

cate - lol. yes. organizing is addicting. i wish i could do it for a living. :)


sara - the cheapie ones at target are so-so. the pockets aren't reinforced at all, so if you were wanting to put in anything heavy, i would suggest getting a more substantial kind.