Thursday Thirteen - 13 Things I try to get done while the baby is sleeping.

  1. Eat something. Although these days I don't eat more than a few crackers until dinner time. I get sidetracked and lose track of time.
  2. Use the restroom. Well. Yes. Ahem.
  3. Check my email. I check it about a thousand times a day. What can I say...I like emails.
  4. Watch the FoodNetwork. I usually have it on through out the day for some background noise. I should probably start using Pandora again.
  5. Check my bloglines.
  6. Clean.
  7. Let the dogs out to pee.
  8. Blog!
  9. Catch up on the shows recorded on the DVR. Although I usually only do this once or twice a week. I hate this writers strike! UGH. If I have to wait much longer for Pushing Daisies to come back I'm going to throw a huge fit.
  10. Read. I just finished Dear John. The first book I've ever read by that author. He sure knows how to pull at your heart strings.
  11. Change my clothes. This is so gross but most days I'm lucky if I change out of what I wore the day before. On the one hand it saves me from doing as much laundry. On the other -- ew.
  12. Play world of warcraft. Hey nerdlets, if you play you need to create a character on the Gorefiend server and come play with me. I just started a mage named Jaffie. I also just joined a mommy guild called "Knocked Up." Fun fun fun.
  13. Try to find new, worthwhile blogs to read. Easier said than done!

More Thursday Thirteens here!

12 comments:

Diana said...

My first visit to your blog...great list! I remember the days when I had to squeeze in eating, going to the bathroom, showering, and changing clothes. It does get better!

Two Wild and Crazy Guyz said...

Happy Delurking Day. My name's Tammy and I'm mom to Two Wild 'N Crazy Guyz, my little Bostons, Ozzie & Rocky. I like just about any food out there. Please come by and visit our blog sometimes. We love meeting new friends!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Love your list! I totally agree--and sadly, when the choice is either make lunch and eat or shower and get out of my pj's, food trumps hygiene every time. I am still in my pj's, and it is 2.45pm. And I feel good about it! LOL At least I managed to get the kids dressed.

~moe~ said...

Delurking on this blog, though I was checking in at your old one daily for a long time. Nice 13!

The Chatty Housewife- said...

I think your food network link is wrong.

Fun post!

Shannon said...

Everyone loves WoW but I haven't played it yet. I'm so behind. I'm a sims 2 nerd.
It may be hard to squeeze in changing your own clothes, but your baby is so adorable, very worth being stinky. ;)

Marie said...

Am loving the new blog. Very well done! Am delurking here today and linking you, but have been a reader of yours for a long time now. I can so relate to this post. When I was 24 I gave birth to my fourth child and had 3 in diapers, including the newborn. I didn't know which end was up. Thankfully I got through it although looking back on it now I don't know how I ever did it all!

Auntslappy said...

Delurking to say hi! Found you through our mutual love of pugs and stayed because of your mouth watering recipes and photos. AND Im trying to take notes because Im pregnant!

frillbow said...

Here's me delurking too! I shall continue to check and enjoy your very cosy blog!

My Boaz's Ruth said...

I'm a Sims 2 person too. But no time to play it seems :( When baby is asleep I try to stay on top of the pictures we are taking when he is awake!

BTW: To go to the restroom? I take the baby in with me. He lies on the bath rug at my feet as i go. He likes that

Chriseda said...

I'm a delurker here. Wow, I have to say that I am amazed that you are able to find time to cook while taking care of a little baby. We just got a puppy (8 weeks old) and it's all I can do to slap a few baked potatoes in the oven.

Also, you are the first craft/cooking/domestic blogger that I have found that plays World of Warcraft. Welcome to the nerd herd! So are you playing Horde or Alliance? I'll try to log in sometime and say howdy.

Rose&Thorn said...

Wow, that's a lot of things to get through while baby sleeps. I see having a rest is not on your list...I hope you are getting enough of that. But don't stop blogging, that would ruin my morning reading! Love your blog, and your baby is an angel.