by Divine Domesticity on February 13th, 2008
Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Makes 36 bars
18 shortbread cookies (from a 10-oz box)
3 Tbsp butter, softened
1 jar (12 oz) seedless red raspberry jam
2 bricks (8 oz each) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 Tbsp freshly grated lemon peel
1. Heat oven to 300°F. Line a 13 x 9-in. baking pan with foil, letting foil extend about 2 in. above ends of pan. Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
2. Crust: Pulse cookies in food processor to fine crumbs. Add butter; pulse until blended. Remove processor blade; scrape crumb mixture into lined pan; press evenly over bottom. Bake 10 to 13 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
3. Remove and reserve 2 Tbsp jam. Spread remaining jam over crust up to 3/4 in. from edge.
4. Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with mixer on high speed until smooth. On medium speed, beat in eggs and lemon peel just to blend. Spoon around edges over jam, then pour over jam in middle. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp jam, stirring until runny. Spoon into a small ziptop bag, cut a tip off 1 corner and drizzle on Filling.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until set around edges but jiggly in center. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting.
6. Lift foil by ends onto a cutting board. Cut in 36 bars.
Recipe from Woman's Day Magazine.