Long time, no bloggy!

We've been settling in the past week. May I just say that I AM SO MUCH HAPPIER NOW?!

I am.

No pictures lately, I just found my camera the other day, but I'll take pictures this weekend of the little squirt. Violet had her 'official' 4 month checkup yesterday, even though it was a few weeks late. She is 17lbs 1oz, 26 3/4" long. The nurse who did her immunizations was a pro -- she did 3 shots in about 5 seconds flat.

Afterwards, we headed over to this absolutely gigantic furniture store in Kansas City. Violet got a cute white crib (her old one was 1-not ours, 2-too big, 3-kinda crappy) and I got myself a computer chair. I drooled over a THIRTY INCH flat screen computer monitor while we were there. So pretty. So very, very expensive.

I realized the other day that I have not been writing about homemaking lately, and that has primarily been due to getting use to dealing with a newborn the past few months, and also, moving TWICE in the last few months. I apologize for a lack of quality content. I am working hard to set aside time every morning to respond to emails, respond to comments, and to work on new posts.

That reminds me, I am going to make a much bigger effort to respond to comments. I always read them, I always check out the website of who comments, but I rarely make time to comment in return. While I cannot promise that I will be 100% successful in doing this, I'm going to try much harder!

Before I head off to make some dinner, I just wanted to take a second to thank all my readers, you beautiful people you, for visiting this website. I am trying hard to balance computer time with all of the diaper changing, bottle washing, formula making time. I appreciate all the comments and emails I receive. Thanks for hanging in there while I have been getting adjusted to being a mom! Please keep coming back, please keep commenting, please keep emailing. I love to get to know everyone, to visit your sites, to feel a connection to my readers. Much love!*

*she said, channeling Tom Cruise.

7 comments:

Uber Mer said...

hi!

I used to read your old old blog - and stopped right after you got pregnant.

Congratulations on Violet, she is just so beautiful.

I am so happy to find your new blog! I look forward to many more posts. :)

♥PugPosse♥ said...

Hey its me ...I am still here and reading....you will have a hard time getting rid of me! LOL
I am soooo HapPy to hear that you are Happy...It is hard to find that balance. I am still searching for it. If you find it before me let me know where to start!
Violet is a lucky Gal to have you as her Mommy....Hang in there you are doing just fine.
((HUGS)

Cate said...

Glad to hear you're getting settled. Moving twice with a newborn can't have been easy. :)

My Boaz's Ruth said...

Laugh. My balancing act includes time to read others' blogs, but not to update my own!

Ali said...

uber mer - I'm glad you are back!! :)

pugposse - thanks, all we can do is hang in there sometimes, right? :)

cate - it wasn't easy, but we've gotten thru it. We still have one more move this summer and then we are done for a while! WHEW!

mbr - so true! :)

AM said...

Im so glad you guys are getting settled in!

Emma was about 17 lbs at her 1 year check up... but I say that not to make it sound like Violet is big but just that Emma was at the very lowest end of the weight charts. All babies are different sizes and those charts are silly anyways. :)

BC said...

Very glad you are getting settled in your new place! I love reading your blog and I am super excited about the new Blissfully Domestic blog you just posted about!