Monthly Newsletters: Month Five

Another one bites the dust!

Sweet V, you are five months old today. The past month flew by! We were busy moving, packing, unpacking, figuring out what to do with the dogs, oh and taking care of you, little miss thing.

You are finally on a nap schedule. After two hours of being awake, I lay you down in your brand new crib (so cute!) and you hem and haw for a few minutes, then you go to sleep. Hallelujah!


Yep. You can now get your big toe in your mouth. For a few weeks there you lost interest in your feet, but at the end of the month you've rediscovered your love of toe sucking.

Tummy time is far less annoying to you now. Although, quite often you spit up when you are laying on your belly. Very unusual for you to spit up, but you know, it keeps mom and dad on their toes.

You started talking! Well, ma-ma-ma sounds at least. The other day you said a very distinct, "MOM!" and it cracked me up. I know it will be a while before you understand that ma-ma is ME, but it tickles me that you are starting to say it. Oh, and whenever you talk, you curl your lips into little duck lips - you look so hilarious!

Just in the past few days you have been able to reach out for your pacifier, which when not in your mouth, is sitting on a tv tray, and you reach over and pick it up and put it in your mouth. WOAH. Time to hide the fireworks and the knives! I kid.

We are settled in at our new place and I think you can tell that mama is much happier. We have so much fun singing every day, and I just love blowing raspberries on your belly and chunk-i-licious thighs and kissing your feet.

You are sleeping through the night most nights. At about6 or so in the morning you wake up, and dad takes you into bed to cuddle and sleep with him. Mornings are the best parts of our day.

Did I mention that you can now ROLL OVER?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



My days are much more interesting now. Every 20 seconds you roll onto your tummy and fuss, and I roll you to your back, then you roll over to your tummy, and I roll you back. Sometimes I have to strap you into your swing just so I can get a break! You really wear mommy out sometimes. Sheesh.

Each day, each week, each month, we love you more and more. You are the most important thing that I will ever do in my life. Thank you for letting me be your ma-ma.

Love,

Mommy

9 comments:

beth said...

Beautiful pictures! The nap after 2hours awake schedule also worked like magic for me. Can't wait to see her sitting up.

Domestic Chicky said...

She is just too divine for words...

Karen Erickson said...

She is sooooooo cute. And those eyes! Just precious.

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

So, so cute!

R said...

Man, I miss babies. My last child is now approaching seven and it depresses me a little. When she is out of the house I will be only 41!

Time flies. Enjoy it. Well---you already do enjoy it. Keep it up. :)

Amy said...

Precious! What a beautiful baby- you just want to squeeze her little cheeks. Too stinkin' cute!

carrie said...

She is beautiful! Happy 5 month bday sweet baby girl!

Glad I found you, loving your blog!

Laura said...

she is so cute I want to cry! how is it that I haven't held her yet?????

♥PugPosse♥ said...

Hey I am here...just in a Blogging rut.
WOW 5 months already??? she is as Darling as EVER!