Quickie Valentine's Day Meal for Two!

 by Divine Domesticity on February 13th, 2008

Crusted Pork Chops for Two
Adapted from Allrecipes.com


1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
garlic salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten
2 pork chops
2 Tbsp. butter

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. In a shallow bowl combine crushed crackers, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. In a separate bowl beat egg.

3. Dip your pork chops in the egg batter and then in the cracker mixture. Place the pork chops in a casserole dish. Place 1 Tbsp. of the butter on top of the pork chops. Cover and bake for 35 minutes, turning once.
Aren't these bread sticks adorable? I picked up refrigerated Italian bread sticks that come in a tube, stretched them out, shaped them in the form of an upside down tear drop, and smooshed them into heart aching fabulousness. Brush with garlic and bake to the package's instructions. Surprisingly tasty and I just love acting like Sandra Lee to piss people off.

3 comments:

Queen B said...

Yum!!

R said...

I finally found you! Time always cures all ills. Last night my husband reminded me of a blog (yours) that I used to read all the time but lost because you moved, sent me an invite, but he deleted the information on accident! He always felt guilty about that. I tried looking for you since, but it did not work, I only got your old blog that you had abandoned. Then---as time has gone by I looked you up again and see you have a baby!

So cute too! And glad to see the yummy food photographed as usual! Now I need you to inspire me to cook more!

I am linking you posthaste.

Peabody said...

The heart shaped garlic bread sticks are the way to go....those are great.