Confession. I love bad reality TV.

I'm not talking Rock of Love bad -- even I have reality TV standards.

Still, most nights I am tuning in to watch reality TV. Bravo has all my favorites.
  • Project Runway. My husband is also an avid fan, although he will be cranky that I just told everyone so. Christian is by far my favorite contestant to date. Who else could create a new word like "Ferosh" [ferocious].
  • Top Chef. Season One is still my fav. Dave: "I'm not your bitch, bitch!"
  • Make Me A Supermodel. I'm going to come out and say that given that a lot of gay men would enjoy watching a show with barely dressed, gorgeous boys (and so would straight women) it leads me to believe that a man will win this. Specifically, Ronnie. He has a lot of talent and is, obv very gorgeous.
  • Work Out. Probably my least favorite of all the Bravo shows, as I have nothing in common with these tanned, buffed out trainers, but I still enjoy watching it.
  • Real Housewives of Orange County/Real Housewives of New York City. Is it just me or do the New York City ladies come off much more self important and stuck up than the Orange County housewives? Lauri from OC will always be my favorite housewife. Ramona is bugging me the most of the NYC ladies.
Oh, but that isn't all of my favorite reality shows. The obsession continues.
  • John and Kate Plus 8 on TLC. I love this family so much. Some people find John and Kate's relationship horrifying in that they bicker a bit and holler at each other. I would say it is honest and much like my own marriage. Those kids get cuter every year.
  • Moving Up on TLC. First of all, I have loved Doug Wilson since his days on Trading Spaces. Second, it is so fascinating to me that people would have such strong (and often rude) reactions to visiting their old houses and checking out what changes were made since they moved out. Truthfully though, I watch it because of Doug. Meow.
  • The Hills. Omigod, I can't believe I just admitted that. Moving on!
  • To Catch A Predator on NBC. Ack, it just skeeves me out seeing all these men lining up to prey on young women/men. Isn't the best (and most gross) part when Chris pulls out his transcript and starts reading truly sick and humiliating chat logs? Gah.
  • Solitary on Fox Reality Channel. Have you seen this one? It is one of the lesser knowns. Truly painful to watch at times.
  • Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel. I watch this purely for Mike Rowe. Oh, Mike.
  • The Girls Next Door on E! Why am I fascinated by Hugh's girlfriends? Is Kendra really that dumb? I have no idea about either.
I think I have a problem here. Am I the only one??

11 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I don't have cable - but love MANY of these shows. And, your Dirty Jobs guy was on Talk of the Nation yesterday on NPR - maybe available for download.

But, seriously, I am considering getting cable again now that The Hills is back. I like to live my life vicariously through those girls. I can't wait until they're 29 and come home at 7 from work and put their pajamas on the second they get in the door.

Ali said...

hahahah....I can't stop laughing. :) Those poor, poor pretty little girls on the Hills. :)

Natalie said...

I am a reality show junkie and yes, I agree with you about the Real Housewives ~ the NYC ones are like watching a train wreck. Have you seen Split Ends on Style Network!? FUNNY!!

PS - LOVE your blog

Holly said...

Hello, I'm fairly new to your blog and this is my first comment. I was going to blog about the same thing today but I haven't watched The Hills yet from last night. I thought I'd wait and make REAL sure I wanted to admit to watching it! What draws us in?

Pink Lemonade Liz said...

Don't feel bad - I LOVE reality shows too... American Idol, Big Brother, Hell's Kitchen, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares... (and my DH gives me grief for it - making fun of me every time I watch them!).

I don't think you can classify "Dirty Jobs" as a reality show - think of it as a documentary/educational show - you're learning about things you didn't know before! (makes you feel better huh?)

Katie said...

I love Project Runway and Top Chef and Girls Next Door. You're not the only one, don't worry!

Anonymous said...

i am a total hills junkie. i watch it because my cousin is audrina...

i do understand why there's so much interest. it reminds us of being young.

(i'll admit it...i am sucked into rock of love...it's sick but true)

Sadie said...

Okay, I stayed with you right up until the end...Once you got past Moving Up I'd not heard of a few of them.

I never watch Working Out. Can't stand that woman.

I agree with you on the REal Housewives. I don't really like the NYC girls as much...but the countess is so REAL compared to most of the other housewives...which is funny since she's the most rich. I just think she's hilarious. I can't STAND Ramona, I think she's a self-centered social climber. And the couple...the ones joined at the hip (is it Alex?)...they creep me out a little.

PRoject Runway and Top Chef were my first real reality shows...and still my favorite. I've not been hooked on the Supermodel one as much, but I'm dying to see the dancing show!!

And if I keep going this post will be insanely long...but sufficed to say I agree with you on all but Working Out right up until Moving Up...because I don't recognize the rest *lol*

Anonymous said...

so you don't fancy the Roloff family? We love them here--but then we're Oregonians....
Pumpkins anyone?

Cate said...

LOL, unfortunately, I'm right there watching most of these with you. Mindless entertainment while working on the laptop. ;)

Golly Gee Damn said...

Few things: you are not alone. I watch Dirty Jobs because of Mike Rowe's hilarious comments.
Housewives of NYC: one of the wives, Bethany (or something like that) used to be on the reality show "The Apprentice - Martha Stewart edition".
And - I'm happy to admit that I'm addicted to Rock of Love, Flavor of Love and I Love NY.