Daily Recipe - Marshmallow Cheesecake

by Divine Domesticity on March 21st, 2008

My husband hates cheesecake. Even he loved this one, because it doesn't have a strong cream cheese flavor. Cheesecake purists won't enjoy it as much as traditional cheesecake, but it is very tasty in its own light, marshmallow-y way.

Bonus hella funny quote from an interview with Gary Busey at Busey World:

MR: What's your favorite cheese ?
Gary Busey: (Pause) Cake.
MR: Cake?
Gary Busey: Cake!
MR: Oh... okay.
Gary Busey: Cheesecake.


Marshmallow Cheesecake

Makes one 9" cheesecake

1/2 (10.5 ounce) package marshmallows
1/2 cup milk
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup heavy cream
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
maraschino cherries, for garnish

1. In a saucepan on low heat, combine marshmallows and milk. Cook until marshmallows are melted, and mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat.

2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in egg yolk. Fold in 1/3 of the melted marshmallow mixture, then quickly fold in remaining marshmallow until no streaks remain. Stir in lemon juice.

3. In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until no streaks remain. Spread into graham crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours.

Recipe from Allrecipes.com

2 comments:

Amy said...

Your husband and my husband seem to have such similar taste- weird taste. I love cheesecake so much! I have a recipe that I need to dig up from Cooking Light that I really liked (and he did too). It had reduced-fat cream cheese and yogurt in it.

I will definitely be bookmarking this recipe and see if my husband will try this one out :) Thanks!

Amanda said...

I love cheesecake! I can't imagine anyone disliking it. :)