by Divine Domesticity on March 20, 2008
Diary of a Crazed Mommy and I knew I had to try it out and share with you lovelies.
The chocolate glaze really isn't necessary -- this is pretty rich all on its own. Although, if you are a hardcore chocolate addict, I say go for it. I actually preferred this room temperature rather than piping hot. Either way the soft, gooey, chocolaty Milky Way tastes great.
Milky Way Pain Au Chocolat
Makes 4 servings
2 Milky Way Bars (2.05-oz.) bars
1 container Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 Tbs. milk
1 Tbs. butter
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Chop the candy bars into 1/4-inch slices.
2. Break open the crescent roll container. The dough will be in two halves. Unroll dough and divide on the middle partition, taking care not to tear the diagonal perforations. There will be four rectangles of dough.
3. Place all four rectangles of dough on the cookie sheet with the narrower edges toward you. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chopped candy bars on top of each rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border on both sides and a one-inch border on the end farthest from you.
4. Roll up the dough like a sleeping bag, beginning with the edge closest to you. If the diagonal perforations tear when rolling, gently pinch them together.
5. Repeat with the remaining three rectangles. Space them two to three inches apart. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden.
6. In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips, butter and milk and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the Pain Au Chocolat and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of The Candy Bar Cookbook