Daily Recipe - Chicken and Bacon Sandwich

by Divine Domesticity on March 19th, 2008

Pioneer Woman's Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Makes 4 sandwiches

4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
1/2 package pepper bacon (cut package in half with scissors)(I used hickory bacon and added freshly cracked pepper)
4 rolls of your choice (I used onion rolls)
4 slices of the cheese of your choice
Lemon & Pepper seasoning salt
Dijon mustard & mayo, optional

1. Cook bacon in a saute pan to your desired crispness. I like mine chewy, so I went with that. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Drain bacon grease off of pan, reserving one spoonful for cooking the chicken in.

2. Season the pounded chicken breasts with the lemon & pepper seasoning. Don't be afraid to really pour on the seasoning, it is good stuff. Heat the saute pan to med-high and add back the bacon grease.

3. When pan is heated, add the chicken breasts. Allow to cook for 4 minutes on the first side, then flip over. Add the bacon strips to the cooked side of the chicken breast, then top with cheese.

4. Cover your pan with a lid (or tin foil, as I use) and allow to cook for 4 minutes. Once cheese is thoroughly melted, remove from pan and add to your buns of choice. Add condiments and serve!

3 comments:

Keely said...

Wow! If you weren't so far away I'd say I'd be right over. :)

She sure is strange! said...

Dang that looks good. I'm out of bacon, cheese and buns so my chicken is going on the grill tonight. I'm sure it will be equally tasty but oh my stars I am drooling over that sandwich. So much that my tummy is growling! Sheesh!

Molly

R said...

I want that sandwich and it is nine in the morning.

I love bacon and chicken together. Especially on pizza. I will have to give that a try. Yum!!!!


I LOOOOOOVEE the new template.