I'll admit it, I'm a little *slow*

Not a slow noggin, mind you, but slow to change my opinions.
  • For example, all the hype of global warming - Nope, not on that bandwagon. An Inconvenient Truth? Pass.
  • Going vegan - nope, no way.
  • American Idol, Lost, 24 and Survivor? NO! I will not watch them
I've been making progress when it comes to changing my habits, though.
  • Recycling - yes. Just recently too. Now, all I do is put the cardboard stuff in a bin, the cans in a bag, and I let someone else do the sorting and dropping off. It is a step in the right direction though.
  • Safer cleaning products - yes. I love Mrs. Meyers. Last year I bought the gingerbread cleaning set. Yesterday I ordered the Rhubarb Spring Cleaning Kit. Oh, how I love rhubarb! I'm so excited.
  • Taking better care of myself - yes. All right, so a daily shower just doesn't happen some days, especially with a baby. Even still, doing so much better on that front. I've even been eating a lot healthier and have stopped drinking soda. E-gads!
  • Budgeting - yes. I love Dave Ramsey. I created an excel worksheet where I can track my online accounts. I check my bank account daily and record all transactions. At the end of the month, I figure out how much money went to each category (food, money, bills, etc.). It is empowering to get a handle on our financial situation.
  • Cleaning - yes. I no longer sit on my bum! Don't get me wrong, things are never perfect. I do not let them get out of control though. I'm so proud of how far I've come in this area.
What are some issues that are very important to you? What are some popular bandwagons that you won't jump on?

11 comments:

Laura said...

I am definitely on the exercise bandwagon. I don't have all the results I want, but I feel great the entire day if I get movin.

I am NOT on the political bandwagon. Growing up in a conservative home, I always thought I'd feel the same as my parents. ALL the candidates make me say eeeew.

I'm on the LOST bandwagon. I hope they never get off the island because the show is sooooo good! Mr. Sexy-Hot and I are also lovin Eli Stone which is on right after LOST. Cute show!

Love ya sis!
Laurie

Rhiannon said...

Totally with you on the Survivor, Lost, 24 thing. I have no interest in those shows. None at all.

Ali said...

I am really with you on NOT being on the political bandwagon either. Egh!

R said...

I refuse to see the Titanic.

I hate politics.

I love to exercise and do it too much. I have taken a good break the past two weeks and will start up strong again on Monday----and I feel really guilty!!!!

I refuse to be a homeschooling mother who wears a jumper.

I refuse to wear no makeup.

I refuse to be non-chalant from now on when someone asks me, "what about socialization?"

I refuse to cave in when I need to be brave.

Ali said...

PS - Since you have talked about Lost I've sorta maybe a little bit wanted to watch it -- but all the re-caps of the show that I've read have said that the show is very confusing, and I wonder if I'd grow impatient with it. Your thoughts?

Momala said...

I'm not on the Global Warming bandwagon either. This is going to date me, but I am old enough to remember being taught about the coming "Ice Age" when I was in grade school (that was in the 70's)

I don't watch any of the shows you listed, I tried one season of 24, but it's too much of a commitment to watch every show.

OK, here's the shocker, I am not on the scrapbooking bandwagon (do I hear the shocked silence of every mom in America?) Yes, I just never got started scrapbooking. I am on the crafting bandwagon, and I'd much rather spend my money on craft/sewing supplies.

I am on the political bandwagon, but right now I feel like jumping off. I want to be on the cleaning bandwagon, but I'm too lazy.

BC said...

I have not jumped on the MySpace bandwagon. Just never interested. However, I am totally obsessed with the whole world of blogging. :)

Ali said...

yes, that reminds me, myspace! and facebook. i just don't get it.

so NOT cool said...

I am absolutely speechless. I can't believe that there are still people who don't recognize global warming as a real threat ... especially parents since their children will have to deal with the consequences.

Well, I'm glad that you are at least recycling now. I mean, wow ... I didn't know that there were people who don't recycle.

I guess that I learn something new every day ...

Ali said...

Jodi - What is great about this world is that people are entitled to form their own opinions, no matter how hyped up certain political causes are. And it is the hype of global warming I am referring to, in the post.

I don't believe that science is the end-all, be-all of knowledge. I don't buy what a lot of scientists promote as fact.

I know that my views on politics, society, etc., are very different from yours. I'm okay with that. Are you?

so NOT cool said...

Ali:

Of course I am. Variety is the spice of life!