Daily Recipe - Key Lime Torte with Butter Cookies

by Divine Domesticity on April 4th, 2008

Well, it isn't a recipe. It is a store bought Key Lime Torte found in the deli/cheese section in most major grocery stores, and runs about $8-$12. Spendy, I know, but it is SO TASTY. Along side the torte are a variety of butter cookies. Add some torte onto a cookie and you've got a bite of heaven.

In other words...I Sandra Leed It!

Har. Honestly, I don't have any problems with Sandra Lee. Sure, she makes some wackadoo food every so often (maybe even more than 'every so often'). I have noticed in her new episodes that she is attempting to fancy up the food a bit. More crock pot recipes, more of a focus on fresh ingredients that may come pre-chopped and ready for use. I can't say that I have a burning desire to make many of her recipes. That being said, I think she gets judged way too harshly by a lot of folks.

Just be glad Aunt Sandy doesn't wear the kind of revealing tops that Giada does. Eeck.

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

My huge problem with Sandra Lee is two fold.

1)She always says, "What I want you to do..." and that just bugs me.

2)I hate how they redo her kitchen to match what she's making. Does her pink kitchen-aid only work on Valentine's Day stuff? Because (and DO NOT tell anyone this) once, I made mashed potatoes with mine, and I totally should have been using my BROWN (for potatoes)kitchen aid mixer.

Ali said...

I hear you on disliking the over used catch phrases. I think if you watch ANY show on the food network long enough you get to know their go-to phrases for when they have nothing better to say.

For Giada, it is how she describes every single food as creamy, lemony, etc. Ina always says, "How easy is that?" or "How good does that look?"
I could go on and on. I just try to NOT be annoyed by that stuff, since I do enjoy watching that channel.

as for #2 -- I know you aren't alone on this one. It just never bugged me. :)