Daily Recipe - My Mom's Liver and Onions

I love liver and onions. My mom didn't make it very often, but when she did, YUM-O. There is something about the mixture of the caramelized onions (which are delicious just by themselves) paired with bacon and liver...well, it is just divine.

My Mom's Liver and Onions
Several servings

Bacon
Onions, sliced
Liver
Flour for dredging
Oil

1. Cook bacon. Set aside. Cook sliced onions in bacon grease until caramelized. Put bacon and onions in serving dish.

2. Put a little oil in pan. Set to medium to medium-high heat. Dredge liver in flour. Fry both sides quickly, add a little water to pan to braise. Cook until still a little pink in center. Be sure to not overcrowd the pan. Add liver to bacon and onions mixture. Serve over noodles (see notes).

*Serve with butter and parsley egg noodles and peas and carrots.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I have not had this for YEARS!!! Thanks so much for the recipe!!!

Off to WM I go to get me some Liver and Onions!

whoot!