Daily Recipe - My Sister's Old School Peanut Butter Fudge

When my sister's husband was a child, he made this fudge with his grandfather. It is an old recipe that is very special to their family.

My Sister's Old School Peanut Butter Fudge
Makes several servings

2 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
⅛ tsp. salt
¾ c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
⅓ c. peanut butter

1. In deep saucepan, mix sugar, syrup, salt and milk. Cool over medium heat without stirring until soft ball stage, let syrup mixture cool. While cooling, butter a player or pan. (I use a 1" deep oval dish, about 5" x 8") Add vanilla, peanut butter to cooled candy. Beat vigorously until it loses it’s shine and starts to thicken. Pour into dish. Cool. Cut into squares.

2 comments:

Kitchen Scrapbook said...

Hey! A cooking blog! I love finding new ones. Thanks for your comments on mine. Peanut butter fudge sounds good! Was fun browsing your recipes! :) I'm going to add this to my Google Reader.

Sadie said...

This is something I must must try. This and the pumpkin dip are at the top of my list. I was supposed to be attempting the pumpkin dip this weekend for birthday parties...but I had to cancel due to illnesses :( I can't tell you how tempted I am just to make it for myself and spend the money again in a few weeks for more supplies *lol*