Daily Recipe - North Woods Inn Garlic Cheese Bread

This is one of my very special, very secret recipes. When I was young my parents would take me to the North Woods Inn restaurant in California. With your meal you get a basket of garlic cheese bread, and a big family size bowl blue cheese salad and red cabbage salad. So much delicious food...it makes me want to take a nap just thinking about it.

North Woods Inn Garlic Cheese Bread

Makes many servings

1 pound grated Cheddar cheese
2 ounces grated Romano cheese
1-½ pounds butter
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
⅛ teaspoon hot sauce
2-¼ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 loaves French or sourdough bread, sliced ½-inch thick
Additional Hungarian sweet paprika for sprinkling

1. Preheat oven broiler. Line jellyroll pans with foil.

2. Place Cheddar cheese, Romano cheese, butter, garlic powder, paprika, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse until smooth.

3. Spread cheese mixture on bread slices and sprinkle lightly with paprika. Place on prepared pans.

4. Broil in batches until very browned and bubbly.

3 comments:

Future Envy of the PTA said...

this.sounds.delicious!!!!!

Domestic Chicky said...

I have a picture of me at Northwoods Inn when I was 1. It's one of my absolute favorite places, and I was just thinking about it the other day...can't wait to try this!
ps-didja ever try mixing the salads together?? SO yummy!

Laura said...

I made several batches at our Nacho Libre party a few months back and everyone left with the recipe.

The guys said "When you have a RECIPE to make bread, its got to be good." So true.