Daily Recipe - Scalloped Potatoes, AKA, OMFG SPAM POTATOES!

What can I say? I grew up with it and I love it. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Scalloped Potatoes

4-6 servings

potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 onion, diced
1 container Spam, chopped
Milk, enough to nearly cover potatoes, heated through

1. Layer all ingredients:

Potatoes - Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Sprinkle liberally with flour.

Add some of the onion and spam pieces.

Repeat, ending with potatoes.

2. Bring milk to a simmer, pour onto potatoes. Bake at 350-f degrees 1 hour.

Recipe from my mom!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Isn't it funny that regardless of how "refined" our tastes might get as we get older, the food we grew up with offers the most comfort? When I crave spam (about once a year), I usually put it in homemade mac and cheese but spam in scalloped potatoes sounds even better!

andreawilliams said...

yummy!

paul53 said...

My mother always used spam in scalloped potatoes. It's so good!