My Vintage Kitchen Special - Apricot Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast

by Divine Domesticity on April 8th, 2008

PhotobucketThe super funny girls over at My Vintage Kitchen posted a while back that they were changing URLs and they weren't taking their old recipes with them. I got their permission to post some of their recipes with a link to their new site, My Vintage Kitchen (now at blogger.com). Enjoy!



Apricot Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
4-6 servings

1 loaf Italian Bread
1/4 cup cream cheese room temperature
2 Tablespoons Apricot Jam
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon
Butter for frying

1. Cut Bread into 1" thick slices. Cut a slit in the center of the slice all the way down to the crust to create a pocket. In a bowl mix your cream cheese and jam. It will be lumpy, that is how you want it! In a shallow dish whisk egg, milk and cinnamon together. Spread your cream cheese/ jam mixture into the pocket of the bread. Dip in the egg mixture for 5 seconds on each side. Fry in pan till golden brown on each side.

5 comments:

Katie said...

What a delicious idea! I've been wanting to make stuffed french toast for a while now! :)

Cate said...

Mmmm, looks delicious!

The Hunter's Wife said...

Those look delicious.

Lora said...

This looks so yummy! I just may have to try this.

SAKS said...

I just made this and loved it!!!