Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

by Divine Domesticity on September 9, 2008

Can I just admit that I'm tired of Summer? It is September (already!) and I'm ready to admit defeat and break out recipes that reflect fall. Anyone care for some cheesecake?



Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Makes 16 bars
View printer friendly recipe 


FOR THE CRUST
20 chocolate wafer cookies, (half a 9-ounce package)
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

FOR THE FILLING
2 packages bar cream cheese, (8 ounces each)
1 cup sugar
1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin puree
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.

2. In a food processor, blend cookies with sugar until finely ground (you should have about 1 cup crumbs); add butter, and pulse until moistened.

3. Transfer crumb mixture to prepared pan, and press gently into bottom. Bake until fragrant and slightly firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.

4. Place cream cheese in food processor; blend until smooth. Add sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, flour, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt; process until combined. Set aside.

5. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Add 1 cup pumpkin mixture; stir to combine. Set aside.

6. Pour remaining pumpkin mixture into prepared pan. Drop dollops of chocolate mixture onto pumpkin mixture; swirl. Bake until cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly when gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.

7. Cool in pan. Cover; chill until firm, at least 2 hours (and up to 2 days). Using overhang, transfer cake to work surface. With a knife dipped in water, cut into 16 squares. Serve.

Recipe from Martha Stewart

11 comments:

Rachel said...

I love, love, love these! I make these every fall at least twice!
Yum!!
Thanks for the reminder. These'll be good hunkering down away from the hurricane food :-)

Debbie said...

I'm licking my screen. Wouldn't a lick and taste feature on computers be great? Do you make all of these wonderful things? I'm ready for fall too. Love the baking and soups simmering all day.

mommy2twindaughters said...

Oh my! I am so ready for fall which means pumpkin flavored everything! I copied the recipe and hope to try it soon!

VeggieGirl said...

I too am ready for autumn - after all, it's my all-time favorite season!! :0)

Gorgeous cheesecake; and I love the addition of the cute Teddy Graham!!

Angie said...

Wow! That looks fabulous! I just love fall inspired foods!

dfd said...

These sound absolutely delicious and love how it is finished with the teddy grahm. Definitely am going to try and make it. I submitted a pumpkin pie cheesecake recipe too on this page http://www.cheesecake-recipes.org/contemp/pumpkin.php

Willie and Waylon said...

I am so happy you are back!

Jennifer

Lennye said...

I LOVE pumpkin and can't wait to try this.

Reese said...

I love the lick and taste idea! I copied the recipe and will be making these for a harvest gathering. My two favorite flavors.- Pumpkin and cheesecake. Yummy!

Gen said...

i lost you for a bit but i am back and drooling!

slowlikehoney.net said...

I'm tired of sumer and sooo ready for all things related to pumpkins and apples and sweaters. I can't wait to make these bars because they are the epitome of all things delicious.