Things Just Got Very Interesting...

by Divine Domesticity on October 13th, 2008

I was gonna wait...but I'm sure it is no surprise to anyone that knows me that I cannot keep something like this under wraps.

I'm pregnant! Wooty woot!

It took us very much by surprise. I was in shock and in denial all weekend. I had thought for a while now that I was satisfied with one child, and possibly didn't want any more. I wasn't 100% sure on it, but I was throwing the idea around.

Life certainly throws you a curve ball sometimes, doesn't it?

Now that I've had a few days to wrap my head around this, I'm so excited. I'm worried that I will get awful sciatica again, and how in the world will I be able to keep up with a toddler when I'm barely able to walk from the pain of that? I'm not sure what I'll do...but for now, I'm excited, and cautious, and optimistic.

The estimated due date I came up with is June 15th, 2009. That puts me at just over 5 weeks as I write this.

It is a good thing I've got 35 (or so) more weeks to prepare!


pregnancy calendar

27 comments:

tidymom said...

How AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!

~Tidymom

Amy said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you guys!!

Rhiannon said...

I squealed OUT LOUD when I got your email Saturday. YAY!

multitaskingmama said...

Awesome news! Congrats.

Ummm, I think your due date may be in 2009, not 2006 though. ;)

Jenn said...

Congratulations!

Everything will work out! I was on modified bed rest with a toddler and it turned out ok... lots of books on toddler activities that you can manuever while not moving (Hopefully it won't come to that!!)

latebo1979 said...

That is awesome! Don't you just love surprises LOL

minx said...

congrats! vi is going to be an awesome big sister.

VeggieGirl said...

AHHHHH, congratulations!!!!! :0)

Amanda said...

Oh how very exciting - I am so happy for you - congratulations :o)

Mandy said...

How exciting! I am very happy for you - Congratulations!

Willie and Waylon said...

That is awesome! I am so happy for you....Yea!

Jennifer & Lauren

Sarah McColl said...

how wonderful! huge, huge, HUGE congratulations!

Alicia said...

Congratulations! How exciting! My best wishes and prayers that everything will be smooth and easy for you!

AM said...

So been there! Congratulations. Here's my advice. During my first pregancy I ate whatever I wanted. Fine, I was pregnant you should get to do what you want. BUT, during my second pregnancy I REALLY ate whatever I wanted and gained signicificantly more weight and it was MUCH harder to get around after about 25 weeks. Plus, I had some sort of adhesion thing going on from the c-section (you wont know if you have that until you start getting big, it isnt a problem normally) and it made picking up Emma, or bending over impossible.

Anyway, back to my advice, try and watch what you eat carefully and get some excerice (even just walking) becuase the less you gain this time, the better off your back etc will feel.

Peabody said...

Congrats!!!

Mommy Doodles said...

Congrats to you and your family!

Angie said...

Wow! Congratulations, Ali!!!

Roberta said...

That's fantatstic!! Congratulations! And I have a feeling you will do just fine with a toddler and a baby.

ovenhaven said...

Congrats! *hugs* :)

R said...

Congratulations!!!

Megryansmom said...

Congratulations, what a wonderful curve ball. I am always ecstatic for someone elses pregnancy.

Deidra said...

Babies are wonderful! Congratulations!

Missy said...

I had only three, now that Im older I wish I could have had 6. More love, and more fun for all of you!What in this life could be better than that? You have been blessed by God.

Darla~SassyHomemaker said...

YAYAYYAYAYAYAY! I'm going to be a virtual aunt. ~happy sigh~

Lisa Leonard said...

Congratulations!!!!

Kelli said...

EEEEEeeeeeeee!!! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. =)

My Boaz's Ruth said...

Congratulations! I sure wish I was pregnant. Awful timing for us, but there you have it. Praying this pregnancy is better than your last! Because I imagine it is different being pregnant with a little one at home versus without kids.