by Divine Domesticity on November 18th, 2008
From the archives:
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars are great for when you aren't in the mood to make pie crust from scratch. Chewy and chocolaty. It is hard to go wrong when you are dealing with pecans and chocolate.
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Makes one 9" x 13" pan, about 32 bars
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 1 stick room-temp butter, brown sugar, flour,and salt until coarse crumbs form. Pour mixture into prepared pan; press firmly into bottom.
3. Bake until lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Let cool, 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in same large bowl, mix eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, and 2 TBS melted butter until well combined. Add chocolate chips and pecans; spread over crust.
5. Bake until set, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan before lifting out (use foil to lift). Cut into 32 bars. (I cut them into 16 bars)
Recipe from Allrecipes.com, I'm pretty sure