Emergency Cranberry Sauce

by Divine Domesticity on November 9th, 2008

Emergencies happen to the best of us. For example, say you send your spouse out to buy a bag of fresh cranberries to make cranberry sauce from scratch. They show up an hour later with a can of cranberry sauce, claiming the grocery store clerk told them that they don't carry fresh cranberries.

There is no time to go back. You do what you got to do, people. 

I don't recall if I cooked this mixture or not, so I'm putting in an optional step at the end. Use your best judgment!


Emergency Cranberry Sauce
Makes several servings

1 can cranberry sauce, with whole cranberries
1 small can crushed pineapple
Splash of OJ

1. Mix all ingredients until incorporated.

*Optional step: Cook over low heat until mixture has loosened a bit. Let cool and serve.

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

PERFECT!!

Andrea said...

it sounds delicious anyway! Especially with the pineapple. Were you planning on using pineapple originally?

Ali said...

Andrea - I actually made this cranberry sauce a few years ago, and I can't recall if pineapple was originally part of the plan. I do remember I had intended to make Alton's recipe for homemade cranberry sauce, but had go the emergency route in the end. :)

Peabody said...

I livke the use of the pineapple.