Seriously Moist Citrus Turkey

by Divine Domesticity on November 11th, 2008

Citrus Turkey is incredibly juicy and flavorful. If you aren't hung up on having crispy skin, which my husband sticks his nose up at most of the time, a roasting oven might be a great way to go. It frees up your oven and cooks the bird typically a lot faster than an oven. I have a 22 quart roasting oven that I picked up for $30 at Costco.

Seriously Moist Citrus Turkey
Makes several servings

1 granny smith apple, halved or quartered
1 orange, halved or quartered
1 lemon, halved or quartered
1 stalk celery, halved or quartered
1 med. onion, halved or quartered

1. Rinse turkey with water and pat dry with paper towels. Rub turkey with butter, sliding some butter under the skin if you so choose. Season with salt and pepper inside and out of turkey. Add fruits and veggies to turkey and truss the bird. Cook for 3 hours in a roasting oven, or until turkey is 180-f degrees.

This turkey was incredibly juicy and flavorful. If you aren't hung up on having crispy skin, which my husband sticks his nose up at most of the time, a roasting oven might be a great way to go. It frees up your oven and cooks the bird typically a lot faster than an oven. I have a 22 quart roasting oven that I picked up for $30 at Costco.

Can't remember where this recipe came from...sorry!

1 comment:

Solar Powered said...

Just found your blog...thanks to my mom. I love it...what great recipes. I can't wait to see all the coming soon holiday fixers. Congrats on the baby. My birthday is 6/16!