by Divine Domesticity on December 22nd, 2008
This delicious baked good is equal part convenience and deliciousness. The top is crunchy and flaky, the bottom is gooey and sweet. It is one of my favorite quick weekend meals. This would be a fun one to do on Christmas morning.
If you would like to include nuts, add 1/3 cup of chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or other nut of your preference) to the sugar mixture before coating the biscuit pieces.
Gattina's Bread Nugat
Makes 4-6 servings
1 can Pillsbury plain flavored biscuit
1/4 + 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 Tbsp. butter
1/8 c. dark brown sugar
1/3 c. evaporated milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 350-F degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon, set side.
3. Prepare a 8" cake pan, cut each biscuit into four pieces, coat each piece with the sugar mixture, place in the pan.
4. In a small pot, heat the evaporate milk, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar and butter to boil, immediately pour it over to the bread pieces.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.
Many thanks to Gattina from Kitchen Unplugged for this recipe!