by Divine Domesticity on December 20th, 2008
Make ahead tip: Prepare the day ahead by assembling the casserole and storing in the fridge. I simply cooked the scallops and combined with the already cooked shrimp and crab, then followed the directions below. I also used regular lasagna noodles -- not even the 'no boil' noodles and it turned out perfect.
2/3 cup Alaska Shrimp, cut into bite size
2/3 cup Alaska Scallops, cut into bite size
2/3 cup Alaska King Crab meat, cut into bite size
15 Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
2 cup Milk
2 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Basil
2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Green Onions, chopped
1 cup Cottage Cheese, small curd
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat butter in a large saucepan over low heat until melted. Add garlic. Stir in flour and salt. Cook, stirring constantly until bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in milk, broth and white wine. Return to stove and heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Add mozzarella cheese, onions, basil and pepper. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
2. Spread about 1 1/2 cups of the sauce in an ungreased 9" x 13" pan. Top with uncooked lasagna noodles, overlapping as needed. Spread the cottage cheese over the noodles. Spread with another 1 1/2 cups of sauce and then top with another 5 lasagna noodles. Spread seafood over this layer and top with another 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Cover with the last 5 noodles and top with all of the remaining sauce. If desired, top with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake, uncovered at 350F for 35 to 45 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yields 8 large seafood lasagna servings.
Recipe from Fisherman Express
Caesar Salad with Crisp Prosciutto, Homemade Soft Croutons and Freshly Grated Parmesan
3/4 pound prosciutto, sliced 1/2-inch thick
2 pints cherry tomatoes
5-8 slices good quality Italian or white bread
Good olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 large heads romaine lettuce
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Favorite bottle of Caesar dressing
1. Cut the prosciutto into 1/2-inch cubes and cook it in a skillet over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove to paper towels and drain.
2. Cut or tear the white bread into bite sized pieces. Drizzle a saute pan with olive oil (a few tablespoons) and a dab of butter heat over medium heat. Add the pieces of bread and stir to coat with olive oil. Stir occasionally, until slightly browned. Set aside
3. Wash the lettuce leaves carefully and spin-dry in a salad spinner. Stack the leaves on a cutting board and cut them crosswise into 1 1/2-inch slices. Place them in a large mixing bowl. Add Caesar dressing, enough to lightly coat lettuce. Add croutons, tomatoes, fresh Parmesan and prosciutto. Enjoy!
Adapted from a recipe found in Barefoot Contessa Parties!