Breakfast Omelet with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Cream Cheese, Mozzarella and Basil

by Divine Domesticity on January 3rd, 2008
 
An easy way to use up leftover bits of food is to throw them in an omelet. I am normally not an egg eater, but with a generous helping of cheese, and being very careful to not overcook the eggs, it can be a delicious treat.

Breakfast Omelet with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Cream Cheese, Mozzarella and Basil
Makes 1-2 servings

eggs
water or milk
sun dried tomatoes, sliced
cream cheese
mozzarella cheese
chopped basil


1. Crack eggs in a heated pan with melted butter, add a dash of water or milk and stir. Add slices of sun dried tomatoes, dots of cream cheese, a sprinkling of mozzarella (or in my case, a huge handful of mozzarella) and chopped basil. Cook until just set, or still just a bit wet.

Recipe by me!

5 comments:

nanny said...

Sounds wonderful!

Mandy said...

You are right, I can come up with the most creative omelet recipes by using what is "about" to go bad in my fridge. My boyfriend simply thinks I'm a genius. He may be right.

Jill said...

YUM! I am inspired to try this!

Court said...

Can you really ever go wrong adding cream cheese to anything?

Donna said...

umm that looks good, I will have to give it a try!