RIP Piggy 1994-2008



RIP Piggy 1994-2008, originally uploaded by Divine Domesticity.
I'm sad to report that my childhood dog, Piggy, was put to sleep last month. He was in failing health, and the decision was made that his quality of life was so reduced that it wasn't humane to allow him to live in pain any longer.

My parents still cared for him back in MT. He would have been 15 this January. He had a good, long life, and was loved.

I was 10 when we got Piggy as a wobbly little puppy. I remember the ride home with him. I remember what a hell raiser he was in his youth, tearing apart anything and everything he got his teeth on. We had a little doggy superman cape he would wear, and he would get a running start and fly off the couch, his cape flying around his neck. He never liked to be hugged or cuddled much, but he was a sweet little dog. Not a mean bone in his body.

It is so strange, to be 25 years old myself, and hearing that the little companion I had growing up is now gone. It is so sad, thinking of him, realizing he is no longer alive, and is now just a little sack of ashes in a little pouch.

I'll miss you big guy.

Piglet "Piggy Boy, Piggy, Piggletta"
1994-2008

9 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

You have my deepest sympathies. I went through the same thing in June:


http://veggiegirlvegan.blogspot.com/2008/06/beloved-miracle-gone-too-soon.html

Kelli said...

Oh, Ali... I'm so sorry. I know just how you feel.

Carrie said...

Oh, that's terrible news! I am sorry!

Untypically Jia said...

Awww I'm sorry Ali. I know how you feel. We lost our 12 year old Boxer this last August. *hugs*

nanny said...

So Sorry. I still think of the dogs I had growing up, he will always be in your heart, they are definitely members of the family!

biz319 said...

So sorry to hear about your dog - he was so cute!

My daughter definitely wants a tiny dog - ours is 90 pounds, but thinks he's a lap dog!

Laura said...

I remember when Rod threw him on my head to wake me up on my 18th birthday...he was only 4 months old...RIP my little BFF...

Barbara said...

I'm so sorry Ali. He was a sweetie pie.

Amy said...

Oh, Ali, I am so sorry to read this! I hope you are doing okay- thinking of you!