by Divine Domesticity on February 4th, 2008
Tweak the ingredients to your liking. I omitted the mustard and didn't add the cheese to the ground beef mixture so it would melt and combine. Instead, I added partial slices of cheese on top of the puff pastry, then the ground beef and pickles, then another slices of cheese to top it off. It doesn't really matter how you do it. It is completely trashy and good eats.
Makes 1 ring, serves 3-4 people
View printer friendly recipe
1/4 cup onions, diced
3/4 lb lean ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
8-10 slices cheddar cheese
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
16 slices dill pickles
3 large plum tomatoes
2 cups lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In frying pan, cook ground beef with onions over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain.
2. Add ketchup, mustard and 5 of the cheese slices, cut up; stir until cheese is melted. Remove pan from heat.
3. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a 13-inch round pan or baking stone with points towards the outside. (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center.) Scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle.
Top each scoop with 2 pickle slices.
4. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
5. Cut each of the remaining 4 cheese slices into 4 triangles. Arrange cheese triangles over top of ring.
6. Slice tomatoes. Arrange tomato slices around inside center of ring.
7. Slice lettuce into thin strands. Place in center of ring.
8. Serve with additional ketchup and mustard, if desired.
Recipe from Recipezaar.com