Baked Rice Pudding

by Divine Domesticity on March 18th, 2009

Baked rice pudding, as opposed to a stove top rice pudding, is much more of a custard bake. I grew up with baked rice pudding, so it is particularly comforting and delicious.

Baked Rice Pudding
Makes 2-4 servings
View Printer Friendly Recipe

1 cup cooked rice
2 1/4 cups milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean, seeds only
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup raisins, optional
3 Tbsp. candied ginger, optional
Cinnamon or Nutmeg

1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined. Pour into oven safe bowl or pan, sprinkle with cinnamon.

2. Cook in a water bath at 350-f degrees for one hour. Serve warm or chilled, whichever your preference.

Recipe from my mom

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Mmm, classic comfort!!

Amanda said...

Oooh yum I don't think I've ever had baked rice pudding so may have to try this one!

nanny said...

Oh that looks so good! I love rice pudding, never had it baked.

Elyse said...

Ooo, yes, this sounds like the perfect dessert. I imagine baked rice pudding takes the dessert to a whole new level.