Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

by Divine Domesticity on March 16th, 2009

This is a delicious and moist pound cake that goes great with a cup of coffee. I used vanilla instant pudding (with a dash of cocoa powder) instead of chocolate instant pudding because I like a much milder chocolate flavor. You may want to try dredging your chocolate chips in flour as well. My chips all sank to the bottom of the pan.

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Yield: 1 (10") cake
View Printer Friendly Recipe

1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix (without pudding)
1 (5.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
4 large eggs
6 ounces semisweet chocolate mini-morsels (I used less)
Powdered sugar

1. Beat first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy; add sour cream, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate morsels. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10" tube or Bundt pan.

2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

Recipe adapted from Christmas with Southern Living 1999

8 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Rich, moist, classic!!

Carrie said...

I love chocolate chip pound cake!
This recipe looks great!

Erin said...

Looks yummy!

Kerstin said...

Oh - that looks good - I'm always a fan of cakes with sour cream in them!

nanny said...

Sounds great! I'll have to make this one for my grandson. He would want to pour chocolate syrup over it, have chocolate ice cream on the side on cover it all with chocolate chips....ha

Hannah said...

I'm a huge pound cake fan, and this one looks great!

Elyse said...

Chocolate and poundcake, yes, please!! I love what the addition of pudding mix does for a cake. This looks totally yummy. I could use a slice right now as a midnight-ish snack!

Meg said...

This recipe is a standard at family gathering's in my mom's side of the family! LOVE it!