Mom's Mild Chili

by Divine Domesticity on March 20th, 2009

I do love spicy food, but this mild chili really won me over. Serve with Cornbread Supreme and chow down.

Mom's Mild Chili
Makes several servings

2 lb ground beef
2 onions, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1- 29oz can crushed tomatoes
2 cans white beans
2 tsp. cumin
3 Tbsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt
Big squirt of ketchup (add to taste)

Toppings of your choice (Cheddar cheese, sour cream, raw onions)

1. Brown the beef and onions together. Add other ingredients to a large pot and simmer on low 1 hour. Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, raw onions and other topping of your choice.

Recipe from my mom

4 comments:

Elyse said...

I love a chili that's not so spicy as to prevent you from tasting the flavors of all those wonderful ingredients. Sounds like this chili is a perfect match. I can't wait to try it out! Chili is such a perfect, hearty meal. Yum!

Coleen's Recipes said...

I started making this chili (almost exactly) when my kid were little. It's still my favorite chili. The only thing I do differently is add a tablespoon of sugar to cut the acidity. It's a great recipe and I highly recommend it.

nanny said...

Sounds great, I always put ketchup on my chili and my husband thinks I am crazy! Will surely make this one.

Coleen's Recipes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.