Seven days to go...

by Divine Domesticity on June 2nd, 2009

The date for my c-section has been set! The morning of June 9th is the plan, which means I have one more week of waiting left. If I happen to go into labor beforehand then I'll just have the c-section at that time.

As of my 38 week appointment, this dude is estimated to be almost 9 pounds, so by next tuesday he could very well be over 10 pounds (keep in mind she told us he could be up to a pound and a half larger than the estimate). I am feeling very full of baby at the moment.

This last week is a strange one. It is the last week of it just being the three of us in our family. The last week of being a mom to just one kiddo. The last week of only having to chase around one kiddo! I'm a little nervous at the prospect of all the stinkin' work it will take having two kids, but I know I'll manage just like everyone else.

Before I got pregnant with this guy, I had pretty much decided that I was done having kids. Don't get me wrong -- I use to go on about how I wanted LOTS of children. Once I had a child, things changed. Violet had a hard transition into the world. A horrible birth, colic that lasted an eternity, acid reflux, problems with her digestion, that all led to the first 6 months of her life being one giant scream fest. I'm not even exaggerating. It took a toll on me, I felt depressed and like I was a failure at the mom thing.

The idea of going through that again was enough to scare me off of planning to have another child. So it was hard for me to accept that all of the sudden that I was pregnant again. It has been hard for me to imagine what this little guy is going to be like and what life will be like with two children.

The pregnancy itself has been much easier on me than it was with my first, and I keep trying to tell myself that this guy is gonna take it easy on his momma, that HOPEFULLY we don't have colic and acid reflux and everything else to contend with this time around. Who knows, though.

I do know, having gone through some hard times with my first that we can get through it. It was HARD the first time, for myself, and for my marriage, but I know we can get through it. All I have to do is get through this week!

11 comments:

JenJames said...

You can do it!

Deidra said...

I remember feeling all of those things. And you know this but, it will all be just fine. All of it. Enjoy this week of lasts and the next week of firsts. I can't wait to meet him!

Jenna said...

Life is full of changes, with or without kids!!! You'll do great...and, in time, you'll wonder how you ever lived without this new little one! I just had my 4th last year...it was a crazy adjustment...but things are FINALLY starting to settle down...and I love it! Good luck!

Carrie said...

How exciting! It's almost here!!

Barbara said...

Enjoy the week and get ready for the next chapter in your life.

Colleen said...

Best of luck! You can get through the week!

Robin Sue said...

Your poor thing for having a rough first 6 months with the first one. I did that with mine too. We will hope this one is not going to cry and be so healthy and happy! Hang in there!

nanny said...

Knowing how different 2 kids can be, bet this one will be your sleeper. Have a good day and get some rest!

Kelli said...

I was just thinking the other day that you must be close to your due date. Good luck. I'll be thinking of you. Hugs!!! =)

Barbara said...

Today's the big day! I've kept you and the new baby in my thoughts all day for a safe delivery and a healthy baby boy.

SchrefflerFamily said...

Congratulations!